Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lifestyle changes.

HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
Hmm well I am a christian with some pretty conservative values. I am all for sharing the love of Christ with people but I do not believe that shoving it in people's faces and thumping the bible, an basically creeping people out is the way to do it! The churches I have been to always have those days where they go door to door inviting people to church and honestly that drives me crazy. I hate religion peddlers coming to my door! Just like SE I always have an urge when they come to the door to say something outlandish just so they will go away and never come back.And hey not all christians are weird in a bad way, some like me are weird in a good way :)
updated by @healingamungthetrees: 07/23/15 05:21:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
oh i agree there are good christiansbut the number probable explains 1 thingalotta christians believe only 144,000 souls go to heaven, thats 144,000 who lived since the dawn of mankindyet today 6,000,000 are convinced they are goingif you add uop every christian since the dawn of christianity who were convinced they were we'd be at msaybe 60 billion..maybe moreso revrsing the math (guestimate nowhere near accurate) around 0.0001% arent total weirdos(no offence to total weirdos either..i knew 1 who carried around a railroad spike cause she was convinced it was a nail used in the crucifiction..oscourse the fact that a train ran past her house did nothing to convince her otherwise..and right now i get 2000 emails a week from 1 woman who is absolutely convinced she was eve, gave birth to all humanity and remembers every momment of history for 78,000 years..weirdos are fun)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
soaringeagle said:
if im really in a fun mood i'll just go along with it then fall outta my chair (from taking karate and climbing mountains and well crasjhing into guardrails going too fast so my fingers were smoking im very good at flippin outta my chair..lol) either that or i do something like what i do when jehovas witneses knock on my door askimng "can we come in to talk about god" i reply sure if i can talk about (fill in the blank, anything from witchcraft to canabilism, whatever gets em to not ring your door again)

funny story when i was flying glidsers 1 of the other pilots was a double amputee, we wrre hangin oit when someone came along say9ing jesus will make you walk again, he went alomng with it even faking convosions like he was wracked in spiritual bliss then when the guy says get up and walk, he pushes up with his hands so the false legs disconnected and fell off taking his pants with them, then he started screamming like he was in paion screamming oh god jesus made me worse...i fell opver laughing histericly
I was randomly goin through old threads but this made me laugh so bad!as far as lifestyle changes go tho, I've seen alot of people I used to be friends with change from slutty party girl to absolute believer in christ and his teachings, that was a good one I'd say though, I've seen other go from being cool open minded people to really zealous believers in various faiths, some of thats really surprising. as far as myself, I don't really notice a change, but then again I'm still pretty young with my same open minded attitude, I just don't wanna lose alot of my beliefs though.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
religion annd guilt go hand in hand alot who become devoute have alot of guilt they need to amend for.but its also said a shaman whos always been pure is useless as hes aloof and unaproachable, but a shamman with a past full of mistakes has a life thats relatable so is approachable by those seeking wisdomn. Iain said:
soaringeagle said:
if im really in a fun mood i'll just go along with it then fall outta my chair (from taking karate and climbing mountains and well crasjhing into guardrails going too fast so my fingers were smoking im very good at flippin outta my chair..lol) either that or i do something like what i do when jehovas witneses knock on my door askimng "can we come in to talk about god" i reply sure if i can talk about (fill in the blank, anything from witchcraft to canabilism, whatever gets em to not ring your door again)

funny story when i was flying glidsers 1 of the other pilots was a double amputee, we wrre hangin oit when someone came along say9ing jesus will make you walk again, he went alomng with it even faking convosions like he was wracked in spiritual bliss then when the guy says get up and walk, he pushes up with his hands so the false legs disconnected and fell off taking his pants with them, then he started screamming like he was in paion screamming oh god jesus made me worse...i fell opver laughing histericly

I was randomly goin through old threads but this made me laugh so bad!
as far as lifestyle changes go tho, I've seen alot of people I used to be friends with change from slutty party girl to absolute believer in christ and his teachings, that was a good one I'd say though, I've seen other go from being cool open minded people to really zealous believers in various faiths, some of thats really surprising. as far as myself, I don't really notice a change, but then again I'm still pretty young with my same open minded attitude, I just don't wanna lose alot of my beliefs though.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michael Baker
@michael-baker
14 years ago
13 posts
I have had a HUGE lifestyle change but in a way it wasn't a change. I just realized who I am.After high school I enlisted in the marines. I was a machine gunner and wanted to show people how tough I was. I was very conservative and narrow minded.Now I have realized I'm a free spirited free thinking person. I care for all life and like helping people smile. The thought of war makes me very sad. Peace and love are very important to me. My mind is totally open now and I love life.Being a free spirit my time in the military was hell. I just did not fit in well and was constantly messed with. People in my unit tried hurting me a few times and that made me very confused. I thought the marines was a brotherhood but how could that be if I was constantly brushed aside. I got very depressed after I was discharged early.I eventually started feeling better. I am now a very optimistic person. All I want to do is help people to be peaceful loving individuals that can live in harmony with nature. Our planet needs more love.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form