Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Guys...I need help.

Megan Atwood
@megan-atwood
10 years ago
40 posts
I don't think it would be a problem bringing her there so young, its just that my partner works and wouldn't be able to come with me and he's worried about something happening on the long trip there, you just never know why could happen in between. And since I'll be breast feeding its not like I could just leave her with him while I go, I think it would just be best if I wait until next year, I'd really love for my daughter to experience something that wonderful as much as possible throughout her childhood and adolescence. The best way to change the world is to teach the children.
updated by @megan-atwood: 07/23/15 07:31:57AM
Megan Atwood
@megan-atwood
10 years ago
40 posts
Where is the natty shack group SE? I'm in pennsylvania near the ohio border right between Pitt and Erie, if its relatively close I'd love to be a part of it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

go to groups search natty shack

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Megan Atwood
@megan-atwood
10 years ago
40 posts
Found it and joined, it doesn't seem like its been too active lately, lets all change that and get something going!
Cecilia2
@cecilia2
10 years ago
3 posts

I believe in nature and our earth has so much strength, but yes, we are destroying it. I talk a lot about this with people I know and strangers I meet, everybody is concerned, and want to do something, but I think we are lazy as ****.

So what I do, I talk about it, I eat vegan/raw and try to use little energy. I buy secondhand I have my own garden with vegetables and take much food from the wild. I dream about building my own cob house, look at youtube, so many beautiful houses! Straight from the earth.

And I think also-

PEOPLE NEED POSITIVE ENEGRY, encourage when people buy organic or do anything good for the environment, its all about psychology, and say loud to yourself when shopping, "where's the organic tomatos!?" to plant seeds in peoples mind.

Peace

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

Well I feel like I belong to this way of life. I feel like everyone truly does. I really think my family should just pack up and go lol. Honestly.

soaring eagle said:

going is the only real way but theres always gatherings theres rainbow farms and comunities also u can live it full time i mean exactly that its as permenant as you want it to be

nathan hammond from this site went to his 1st gathering a couple years back and been gone ever since only pops in from time to time when he gets near a town to say hi but its rare

theres even the rainbow peace fleet (sailboats) and a rainbow island

theres rainbows with huge ploys of land opening it to everyone..

its not an event its a way of life

there are huge events but its way bogger then events..

the gatherings are just crash courses in living right

Shane Northern said:

What do you mean SE? I need some rainbow knowledge actually. I feel like the only true way to get that is to go.

soaring eagle said:

its as permenant as you want it to be

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

Whoa...what are we waiting for??!!

soaring eagle said:

there is a natty shack group where weve been talking biut starting a community..also

there is land we can use too..

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

Well my oldest son is 4. The twins are three. I know they would absolutely love it. I think my wife would have the problem she worries a lot about what people think. Her parents especially. I told her they were gonna think we're nuts and ruining our whole lives. When really we're just starting to live, and create a new and better life for humanity to come. Knowledge is a powerful currency indeed. And the only one we really need.

You're absolutely right man. Also looks like I'm gonna have to check out noise and resistance. I know what I'm doing tonight.

Extreme Isolation said:

Shane Northern said:

"I just had that thought last night actually. My exact thought was we need a small self sustaining community. Just to be an influence in the right direction. I have no idea about how to start one. But hey it has to start somewhere. And my children are my biggest worry. We have to teach them to feel it, If they don't, I don't know what we'll do. "

^^ Sorry i think i broke the quote feature.

How old are the your children Shane? I don't know, but i think chances are that they will take to it well. Which child does not want freedom? If they can be taught that, in the proper way, they might just be eternally thankful. Even if it takes them a year or so to understand, they will get it eventually.With structure, but free from the babylon shackles.

See Noise and Resistance though, it helped to put my mind at ease on some level when i first watched it.

The key is at the start to find like minded individuals who between them have skills and courage sufficient for the continued well being of the group. Knowledge is a valuable currency.

And then things need to be kept clean. The first sign of greed and corruption is a problem because then the cycle just starts again. People can be fickle, so always be awake. Or perhaps as you research this you find a community that you'd like to contribute to. There are also travellers, who live a nomadic lifestyle as 'modern gypsies.' You can look up documentaries on that on YouTube too.

We probably cannot fix the system in our lifetime but we can choose not to support it.

DRS
@drs
10 years ago
47 posts

We're so sucked up into modern society, it sickens me. TV shows, kindles, internet, technology, it's been in use for so long and by so many that it becomes hard to imagine anything simpler.

Sting.Rey
@stingrey
10 years ago
42 posts

Change IS happing Shane, it's all around us. Fifty years ago the terms organic, vegan, sustainable where not even in the vocabulary of the general populace. Today there terms are not only known, more & more people are choose these paths for their life. Change as whole in society is slow, but do not loose hope. True change begins with us. Gandhi once stated: "If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. We need not wait to see what others do". It is often shorten to it's core meaning: Be the Change you wish to see in the World. Don't wait for others, live your life as responsibly and consciously as possible and enlighten those you meet on your journey. You want to lead others toward a better tomorrow? Then start today, with yourself. The most effective leadership is by example, so be the best example of the change you wish to see.

As for living more organically with a family I'ld say do it! The great part about it is your not the first, others have not only blazed that trail but blog about it too. Here's one of my favorites, Nina. Her family of six actually lives in an old converted school bus on an organic herb farm. Here's a link to her website: http://shalommama.com/about

Good luck Shane and keep us posted brother. By the way, I'm seriously considering converting an old VW camper bus myself.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form