Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Guys...I need help.

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

I just had that thought last night actually. My exact thought was we need a small self sustaining community. Just to be an influence in the right direction. I have no idea about how to start one. But hey it has to start somewhere. And my children are my biggest worry. We have to teach them to feel it, If they don't, I don't know what we'll do.

Megan Atwood said:

I've always felt like this. I too have a little family of my own, although I am not legally married, I do consider my partner to be my husband and we are expecting a little girl very soon, I hate to think of her growing up in this society and thinking all of its ok, I often think about how I can set her on the right path and mindset for the earth with everything that's going on in the world around her, its going to be a struggle. I often dream of living off the earth with other folks like me and I'm always trying to educate people about how we are destroying the earth by buying into society, I usually just get called a stupid tree hugger hippie though=\ it doesn't stop me though, people who think like that are more of the problem than anyone. I've looked into communal living and I believe that's the way to go, but any commune I've found is just plain corrupt. I'd love to start one with all the right intentions and make it happen and create a haven for people like us where as a group we can try to educate society around us.

updated by @shane-northern: 07/22/15 11:30:08AM
Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

We need an almost permanent rainbow community...Living just off of the earth around us, for everything basically.

Megan Atwood
@megan-atwood
10 years ago
40 posts
We need to start one! I'm almost positive there's enough people on here to do so. I just wish I could go to the rainbow gathering this year=[ I have no way of getting there and my partner is uncomfortable taking our daughter there being so young, she wuld only be a few months old. o
Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

I'll give it a watch as soon as I wake up. I'm working night shift so it's my bedtime. But you're right about the being permanent. It needs to be a permanent change, not temporary.

Fashionable Poverty said:

I feel if its not permanent then what is the point?
It should be a home not just a getaway.

If you want u can watch this documentary, noise and resistance, you might like what you hear, its not all english but it will be worth it.

Here is the trailer.
http://vimeo.com/21515642

And the full doc.
http://www.alluc.to/documentaries/watch-noise-and-resistance-2011-o...

Shane Northern said:

We need an almost permanent rainbow community...Living just off of the earth around us, for everything basically.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

its as permenant as you want it to be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

I would love nothing more to start one. As soon as I wake up I'll need to think some more on this. And I'm going to try and make it to one this year. Never been to one, and I need to go to one. Lol. But the way to seems people of all ages are welcome there, it looks like paradise honestly. We really need to do this.

Megan Atwood said:

We need to start one! I'm almost positive there's enough people on here to do so. I just wish I could go to the rainbow gathering this year=[ I have no way of getting there and my partner is uncomfortable taking our daughter there being so young, she wuld only be a few months old. o
Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

What do you mean SE? I need some rainbow knowledge actually. I feel like the only true way to get that is to go.

soaring eagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

going is the only real way but theres always gatherings theres rainbow farms and comunities also u can live it full time i mean exactly that its as permenant as you want it to be

nathan hammond from this site went to his 1st gathering a couple years back and been gone ever since only pops in from time to time when he gets near a town to say hi but its rare

theres even the rainbow peace fleet (sailboats) and a rainbow island

theres rainbows with huge ploys of land opening it to everyone..

its not an event its a way of life

there are huge events but its way bogger then events..

the gatherings are just crash courses in living right

Shane Northern said:

What do you mean SE? I need some rainbow knowledge actually. I feel like the only true way to get that is to go.

soaring eagle said:

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

theres always births at the gatherings almost as many births as weddings theres plenty of young ones of all ages

but its up to you

whats his biggest worry?

Megan Atwood said:

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

there is a natty shack group where weve been talking biut starting a community..also

there is land we can use too..

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form