Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural birth control...

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Okay, I thought it was funny...guess I have a weird sense of humor tonight, sorry...here is a posting from January of this year with a couple of pages on the same subject to help you. There is even a link for herbs to help combat the cramps.....peace

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/opinions-on-birth-control-pills?id=3754945%3ATopic%3A1566624&page=2#comments

updated by @the-barrellady: 07/22/15 11:30:17AM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Know what's more expensive than latex free condoms? Babies. As others already stated, natural methods are nowhere near 100% effective. That being said, condoms or other methods are not 100% either. I would double the timeline method with condoms or some other method. Or you could have the man take action.

Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
Not only am I allergic to latex I am very sensitive to chemicals.... thus no hormonal bc. I even use cloth pads.
Beckysan
@beckysan
11 years ago
17 posts

You made me giggle :)

I took it as a 'big sisterly joshing' but then again, I know this is a sensitive subject for some folks

. Personally I know nothing about natural bc other than nfp or natural cycles and I was interested to see if there were some links on some herbs or teas that help. I think women have always known about natural bc, but we lost that knowledge somewhere along the way and it's high time we found it again. I love to hear about how people are looking to alternative forms and what they are finding, and more importantly, do they work and are they sustainable?

the Barrellady said:

Okay, I thought it was funny...guess I have a weird sense of humor tonight, sorry...here is a posting from January of this year with a couple of pages on the same subject to help you. There is even a link for herbs to help combat the cramps.....peace

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/opinions-on-birth-contro...

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

hey Beckysan, another member recommended this site about herbs, says there is info posted on there: http://www.bulkherbstore.com/?id=8VnS8wFF have not checked it out myself yet though...peace

Beckysan said:

You made me giggle :)

I took it as a 'big sisterly joshing' but then again, I know this is a sensitive subject for some folks

. Personally I know nothing about natural bc other than nfp or natural cycles and I was interested to see if there were some links on some herbs or teas that help. I think women have always known about natural bc, but we lost that knowledge somewhere along the way and it's high time we found it again. I love to hear about how people are looking to alternative forms and what they are finding, and more importantly, do they work and are they sustainable?

the Barrellady said:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/opinions-on-birth-contro...

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Elaine, the other option is for your husband to get a vasectomy. Most times it can be reversed if you decided for more children in the future. My son had this done after 3 children, much easier to do than the wife trying to find out other alternatives. So what is involved, just a doctors office, quick snip done there and minor soreness for a couple of days. Since you are allergic to latex, he might be open to this, discuss this with him, look it up on the web so you can inform him and answer his questions.....peace

Elaine Crittenden said:

Not only am I allergic to latex I am very sensitive to chemicals.... thus no hormonal bc. I even use cloth pads.
Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
Well... this would be super temporary like three years or less. Also he has no health insurance.
Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
We don't have any children yet.
Noel Allen
@noel-allen
11 years ago
1 posts

Either condoms or charting...all other methods release some hormones. Just go online or find a book and read about the menstrual cycle and when/how everything happens. It'll probably all seem confusing and overwhelming at first but you'll figure it all out pretty quickly. Since you were on birth control that long and just came off of it, it may take a while for your cycle to return to "normal". Try to be patient...I was only on BC for a few months and it still took around 2 or 3 months for my cycle to be normal again.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I am so use to it here in Canada where we all have coverage. Forgot about that part for you.

Elaine Crittenden said:

Well... this would be super temporary like three years or less. Also he has no health insurance.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form