Dreadlocks Forums

independence day vs interdependence day

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

a few days ago america celebrated the july 4th independence day

independence from what?

iys the celebration of independence from british rule, and the revolutionary war. but are we not in a war today? and depending on britian and other countries to win a war on terror?

are we not also dependent on the countries we are at war with for their oil?

america celebrates independence day with rockets red glair and bombs bursting in air (fireworks)

the loud boom boom boom and flashing of pretty lights to make you go oooohh ahhh awesome re just a pretty version of the horrors of war.

at rainbow gatherings around the world, in every country on earth we celebrate interdependence in silence

a silent prayer for peace.

and we recognize all peaceful people of the earth, no matter what land they were born in or what dirt beneath their tows they call home, as brothers and sisters, not independent but interdependent. interdependent for our own survival, and the health of this beautiful planet we call home.

we recognize that war is not possible when we respect one another as family, as dependent on one another as a individual, nation, and indeed world.

if you can't make it to a gathering for the july 4th prayer for peace in silence, then by all means go enjoy the boom boom boom glorification of war, but before you do, spend a few hours in silent contemplation.

which do you want to celebrate? unending war forever more? or a future of peace, unity and love amongst all people?

those people you call enemies could be your best friends if you sit down and try to see eye to eye.

namaste

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:54:52PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Beautiful and inspiring words, Soaring Eagle :)

I know a woman who lives in Canada but was born in Palestine, and she told me that in those countries, people tend to celebrate Christmas in a quiet, modest way, gathering as a community, remembering their lost loved ones, sharing, etc. Reminds me of that, and how in a lot of the world, everything is used as an excuse to celebrate in a way that's the complete opposite of anything meaningful.

I don't have any real hope that humanity can change in such a drastic way, but it would be nice.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

thnx was inspired

and yea i agree

celebrate the slaughter of 6 million (or was it 16 or 60) million native americans with the slaughter of 20 million birds

celebrate the working masses by having a day off

celebrate a saints drivung the snakes out of ireland by getting drunk

celebrate the new year by getting drunk

actualy cristmass is a pagan holiday so is easter

isnt it weird to celebrate someones birtday with a tree (pagaan tradition) or his zombie like rising from the dead with a bunny that lays eggs (also pagan tradition)

if your pagan these thints have meeding they are nature respecting cerimonies

if your a christian the day has meaning because of lies your told (jesus was born in april not december they celebrate it near winter equenox just to apease the pagans they converted by force)

then they get all worked up if u say happy holidays instead of merry christmass even though theres several holidays at the same time Hanukkah christmass and ofcourse the good ol pagan ones they comondeered

srry went on a rant

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts

Is that really true Dana? I had no idea, I've never celebrated St Patricks day because it's not very big in australia but that's horrible.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form