Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I took out my synthetics and this happened...

LadyDreadedStardust
@ladydreadedstardust
11 years ago
6 posts

Hey guys, I joined the site to prepare for my natural locks and get advice. I took out my synthetic dreadlocks and my hair kinda well, was dreaded. Very loose at the roots but the rest is knotted up with loose tips. I washed my hair with dreadsoap and they've stayed in place!

Any advice on how to maintain my accidental dreadlocks?

updated by @ladydreadedstardust: 01/13/15 09:54:02PM
Amanda12
@amanda12
11 years ago
46 posts

Awesome. Just wash and separate.

LadyDreadedStardust
@ladydreadedstardust
11 years ago
6 posts

I can't even believe this happened. What do I even call them? Are the natural or what? Lol :)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hey there Lady, does not matter what you call them, they are dreadlocks. So how do you maintain them? Just like Amanda said, wash 2-3 times a week and separate any sections trying to join onto each other. That's it, real easy huh? Your hair may shrink, loop & zig zag, just let them be when they do, that is how they mature. There is nothing else for you to do but enjoy your "accidental" dreads....peace

LadyDreadedStardust
@ladydreadedstardust
11 years ago
6 posts

I think I'll go for "surprise dreads," lol.

the Barrellady said:

Hey there Lady, does not matter what you call them, they are dreadlocks. So how do you maintain them? Just like Amanda said, wash 2-3 times a week and separate any sections trying to join onto each other. That's it, real easy huh? Your hair may shrink, loop & zig zag, just let them be when they do, that is how they mature. There is nothing else for you to do but enjoy your "accidental" dreads....peace

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

That's all you need to do. From here on out, just wash a few times a week (1-3 times is normal. Don't wash them every day). Then, when they start to congo together, separate them. I have a video on my page showing how to separate locks. Mine are more mature, but the idea is the same. You don't want to separate them if they are only congoing at the roots. It's when the bodies of 2 locks tangle that you want to keep them apart.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

like surprise dreads :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
LadyDreadedStardust
@ladydreadedstardust
11 years ago
6 posts

How about that? Lol <3

soaring eagle said:

like surprise dreads :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

gotta say u look alot better with real dreads :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form