Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whoops....did I twist too much?

Dready Dan2
@dready-dan2
11 years ago
5 posts

So i put in my TnR's nearly two weeks ago, but i've just read that you twist to every 10 rips?! I literally did what it says on the tin - twist and rip, twist and rip, twist and rip. They took me over 12 hours to do overally and they're fairly tight. I was happy until i read that - does this mean i might have to take em all out and start over or will they eventually dread?

Thanks,

Dan

updated by @dready-dan2: 01/13/15 09:53:58PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Well, chances are they'll come loose when you first wash them, so no big deal. If they're too tight they won't really be able to dread, but when you wash them if they feel looser, leave them to it because that's how they dread :)

Dready Dan2
@dready-dan2
11 years ago
5 posts

i wash em every other day, and they're quite tight :/

Tara C said:

Well, chances are they'll come loose when you first wash them, so no big deal. If they're too tight they won't really be able to dread, but when you wash them if they feel looser, leave them to it because that's how they dread :)

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

If they're too tight they might take a bit longer to dread because they'll have to loosen up a bit more first, but they'll do that on their own, so I don't think there's any need to start over unless you want to :)

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

They should be okay, half of my head was started with TnR the way you did it (twist then rip, and twist then rip..) the other half is neglect, I wouldn't worry. They're gunna get fuzzy and crazy and will mature eventually :) However washing them every other day is a bit often for locs

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the randomness is moee to prevent anty braidiness but being too tights a diferent issue but in a few weeks they wil loosen im sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
John Hooper
@john-hooper
11 years ago
21 posts

i did them the same way as you, and they did loosen up a lot over the one month i've had them for, but they haven't completely fallen apart, and are dreading normally, so i wouldn't be worried if i were you ;0

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Your journey on the tight sections may take longer, that's all. I always suggest Twist, rip rip rip, Twist rip rip rip rip, Twist & so one, does not need to be 10 rips. On my thinner ones, I did a few too tightly (not reading tips first) &, at 15 months those ones are finally starting to mature, where as the rest of them are well on their way. You can do one of two things.

• Let them be and know that if tight, they will take longer to mature, but will eventually
  • Or, at only two weeks in, take the tight ones out to allow them to mature faster

If with your method of Twist, rip, twist, rip, you have the braided look, that will go away in time if they do not loosen up on their own. http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-to-expect

Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form