Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads looking like straight up Kitty Poo! Help!

ChelseaBuns
@chelseabuns
11 years ago
18 posts

Hi all!

So I'm at the one year mark for my dreadies! They look amazing from the root-5 inches down and then they look all ratty, reallly clumpy and quite frankly like cat poo... How can I changes this? I love bumps and loops, but I don't like these hard huge clumps.

Here are some pics to give you an idea... the quality is crap, so whatever.

updated by @chelseabuns: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

You could get some jojoba oil and a gentle brush. Then massage the oil into the tips of your locks. Then GENTLY brush out the tips s they are wispy again. Blunt tips will cause major problems with drying in the near future, if they haven't already.

Sorry for not checking, but did you crochet?

ChelseaBuns
@chelseabuns
11 years ago
18 posts

I think I will do exactly that! Thank you... and yes they were crocheted to create the dread, after that I haven't/will not touch them. However I do now know that it's the reason why they're clumping at the end, sadly lol

ChelseaBuns
@chelseabuns
11 years ago
18 posts

Just wanted to let you know you saved my life! and the lives of my kitty poo dreads... they are no long 'poopy' - I brushed the ends out and they look great! Thank you so much BaBa! I know what to do now when this happens.

Baba Fats said:

You could get some jojoba oil and a gentle brush. Then massage the oil into the tips of your locks. Then GENTLY brush out the tips s they are wispy again. Blunt tips will cause major problems with drying in the near future, if they haven't already.

Sorry for not checking, but did you crochet?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

No problem Next time you'll know to check and see when they start to get like that and be able to stop in before it happens

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form