Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Big Girl Dreads

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

I have looked and looked and googled and googled and I have never seen one big girl like me with dreads. I wanted to do some research and see what they look like long on a big girl. I mean, I'm not morbidly obese or anything but I am a big girl. Proportionate and all, just wanted to know what they will look like. I love my dreads now and by no means do I think I will not love them in the future, just curious.

updated by @jackie-turner: 02/14/15 03:29:53AM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

...I've seen people of all shapes and sizes with dreads? They're for everyone? Guess I might not know how to answer this. :o

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ive known many many (ofcourse i know a hell of alot of dredies) if i could think of a single name right off the top of my head id send ya yheier way but alas im too sleepy to think

well wait

what do u call a "big girl" my best freind might qualify im not sure

not sure id call her big maybe..sturdy

i know quite a few way bigger i just cant think of who right now and chevy is the only 1 with pics i had quick access to (shes on this site)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

Hi Jackie! I know what you mean, there are so many pictures of beautiful small people with dreads out there. My big annoyance is that so many of the pics of dreads on the 'net are so overstyled that its hard to find "real" pictures. (Like the difference between a bathing suit on a model and one on a consumer. LOL) That is one of the reason why I like this site - most of the pics here are of real people and their real dreads.

My dreads are nowhere near mature, they are in the frizzy super loopy stage right now, but I am a "big girl" (big woman?) and I love my dreads.

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

There are lots, dreads are for everyone and I have no doubt in my mind that, as you see them grow and progress, you'll love them and grow in confidence about them looking great with you :) weight, body shape, appearance, etc. doesn't change what dreads look like, they're awesome on everyone!

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

I appreciate that guys! :) I'm not self concious about my size. Like I said Im not unable to live life because of my size and all. I just haven't ever seen one picture of a girl my size. It kinda made me feel special, Mostly because I upload pictures like crazy!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i was really tempted to use your art project 1
i may still
im pretty picky about what goes in the slideshow and its mostly composition and quality (as well as the healthiness of the dreads)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

When you upload your pics, make sure to tag them with key words so other larger gals can find them easily on google images or where ever.... share...share...share

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

Yeah I don't have very mature dreads. They are only a few months old. I'm trying to make sure they stay healthy though. That's why I always ask so many questions but I have tried to cut back on that because I was asking way too many at once lol. I only use the baking soda and acv to wash and I started washing every few days instead of every two weeks. I am looking into some soap shops on etsy if you guys have any suggestions. I really like dragon's blood but I can't find anyone that sells a dragon blood soap. Underneath my top layer all of my hair is dreaded great and in big long knots and the ends are even starting to blunt but the top layer of my hair is taking forever to catch up! I was thinking that using a soap bar may help with that.

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

oh and with the pictures, I'm not worried about it. I wsa mainly uploading them because I didn't upload that many on my posts, then I figured out that your supposed to upload them on the profile part. I hadn't really gotten that far into the site but now I got it figured out lol. Sorry for uploading so many to that thread though, that was my mistake.
soaring eagle said:

i was really tempted to use your art project 1
i may still
im pretty picky about what goes in the slideshow and its mostly composition and quality (as well as the healthiness of the dreads)

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form