Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

just a few days with my babydreads but i love them already!

Aleida Kuijzer
@aleida-kuijzer
11 years ago
8 posts

Last week i watched a boy at my school with his dreads. A friend and i were talking about it. And she just walked up at him and asked how he did it. Later that day in a boring class i tried the twist and rip method. My first fluffy baby dread was born :D Later that evening i did the rest of my head. When i went to the livingroom my parents were shocked. but i think there starting to like it more now. at least there's volume. i love the good influence of my friends :D By the way is there something special i need to do to keep them from falling apart? ive got very sleek hair. Thanks

updated by @aleida-kuijzer: 01/13/15 09:53:36PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Nice :) you'll continue to love them as they change and grow too. There's nothing you need to do, they may come loose and fall apart, it happens, but it's normal and they'll dread up again. If you re-did them everytime they came loose, they'd never get the chance to dread.

Aleida Kuijzer
@aleida-kuijzer
11 years ago
8 posts

haha oops:P wont re do them anymore then. thanks!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u never had to do anything to redo

it would dread wether u tnr or not

oh but u are going to want to wsash right with the right stuff

u dont want residues or conditioners

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Wow, when you make a decision, you jump right in. As explained, they will loosen up and they will change in appearance, some comments might be made when you get to the messy stage, but don't care about that because in a year or so you will have awesome looking dreadlocks that are very healthy.

If you ever want to wrap any of yours, in the first few months use the criss cross method using embroidery thread or hemp. This method will still allow the sections to mature and move about how they need to. Wrapping them completely and tightly will slow down the dreading process and not allow them to so their thing.

Have a fun journey, next year your will be beautiful.....peace

Aleida Kuijzer
@aleida-kuijzer
11 years ago
8 posts

already bought the dr. bronners, gonna try that in a few days,

u never had to do anything to redo

it would dread wether u tnr or not

oh but u are going to want to wsash right with the right stuff

u dont want residues or conditioners

Aleida Kuijzer
@aleida-kuijzer
11 years ago
8 posts

ive always found that a strong point of my self, no delaying just doing it:)

I'll see if I'm going to wrap them or not,

the Barrellady said:

Wow, when you make a decision, you jump right in. As explained, they will loosen up and they will change in appearance, some comments might be made when you get to the messy stage, but don't care about that because in a year or so you will have awesome looking dreadlocks that are very healthy.

If you ever want to wrap any of yours, in the first few months use the criss cross method using embroidery thread or hemp. This method will still allow the sections to mature and move about how they need to. Wrapping them completely and tightly will slow down the dreading process and not allow them to so their thing.

Have a fun journey, next year your will be beautiful.....peace

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Welcome to the journey!

Good call on getting yourself some of the Dr B's. However, I found that using Dr B's alone made my scalp a little itchy, so I used the ACV rinse afterward to combat the itching. If you start getting itchy, give that a try!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form