Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Feeling Confident

Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
Tonight I went to a gig at a local youth centre and for the first time I felt really comfortable letting my baby dreadies out in public :) anyone else wanna share that moment of confidence?
updated by @jayke-watson: 01/13/15 09:53:33PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

I never keep them in. Proud parent, I am!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

eggzactlee

never covered mine from day 1 however the year without dreads i wore a hat every day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

I've only covered them when my dandruff/scalp is really bad, but the messy wildness I've always been fine with lol great you're feeling confident though, you should be :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i only covered when i didnt hve dreads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

whats wrong with messy?

--
Joey5
@joey5
11 years ago
83 posts
I never cover them, but Wow did it feel good when I received my very first compliment. I was sitting at a restaurant when a arranger came up and said "hey, nice dreads! " That was the moment I realized I finally graduated from mess to actual locks!
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
There's nothing wrong with messy but I just never felt like leaving it out because then I'd have to have people ask what I was doing and then after saying I'm growing dreads I'd have to explain to them that no I don't want to get done professionally and no iI don't want to use wax and all of that jazz :P as much as I love talking to and educating people about dreads, it does get tiring :P
Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

The very act of having dreads seems to have given me more confidence, which is one of many things I hoped it would do. My hair is long enough that I cannot really wrap them up (haven't figured out how to yet) and its too hot to wear a hat, so other than just pulling them away from my face, I haven't hidden them from anyone.

I haven't had any negative comments and one positive one from a waitress. The only odd reaction was at my daughter's band performance. My husband and I showed up late (but still before it started) and as we were climbing the steps to the seats, there was a very obvious hush and stare from the audience. The irony was, I was not the only one there with dreads, but I was the only Caucasian there with them. LOL

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form