Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

but really i need some assurance. HELP ME!

Tia :)
@tia
11 years ago
1 posts

im so excited to start dreading my hair but i just dont know where to start! like how to section them or how to wash them before you even start.. i know i want to use the rip and twist method so im all good with that but how should i wash my hair before i start this journey?

i only want to use household natural products..

i heard acv and bc work but how would i go about doing so?

updated by @tia: 01/13/15 09:53:31PM
tom ganley
@tom-ganley
11 years ago
2 posts

i put two spoons of bc in the sink full of warm water then dip all your hair in, leave for 5-10mins then wash out with either water or acv then drip drie, and leave you hair to do its stuff naturally, I normally wash my hair 2- three times a week but only use bc once a week works amazingly for me x

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thats completely wrong its bs not bc its 1 part to 10 parts so 1 cup to 10 cups and u dont rinse out the bs with acv ypu rinse with water then do acv weak

ok

poyr a cup (or 1/2 cup) bs in a pitcher hop in the shower wet your hair add 5-10 cups water (depending on if u used 1/2 or 1 cup)

stir

pour over head

wait 10 min

rinse

then mix 1 or 2 spoonfulls of acv in 5-10 cups water

pour over head nd rinwe right away

section let it section itself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Soaring Eagle is right, the home made recipe for washing your dreads needs to be correct in order to exfoliate the scalp properly. I used the baking soda wash, apple cider vinegar for my entire first year. This is a fantastic method because at no time do you ever need to scrub the scalp. With the proper ratios, the mixture does all the work for you, so you developing sections/dreads are never unkotting due to scrubbing. For my long hair I used the 1/2 cup to 5 cups ratio, that was all I needed, so it saves money. Unless you have an extremly oily scalp, always follow the BS wash with the apple cider vinegar rinse. This will balance the hairs PH. Without using it after a BS wash, you will slowly fry out your hair, and when you finally notice, it will take months to correct.

If you want to do the T&R method, do you hair a huge favor and let it section naturally first, wait 2-4 months until you use a method.. I have a posting on my page that may help you: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-to-expect

peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form