dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread with a horizontal root?

Dreadlover
@dreadlover
11 years ago
9 posts

Hey

So, my dreads are about 10 months old and I love them. I've got thick dreads,thin dreads and dreads with some weird shapes. I have 2 or 3 dreads that kind-of concern me, they have roots that are not a square, cirlce or something, their root is in a shape of a line. My question is, when the mature, will they be just flat beaver-tail style dreads, or will they round up?

http://imgur.com/a/IXTxB#i30BvLS

http://imgur.com/a/IXTxB#PrzmORk

http://imgur.com/a/IXTxB#Tad67H6

updated by @dreadlover: 01/13/15 09:53:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

root shape makes no diference at all or all dreadheadhq dreads would be square

dont worry they are fine i got many like that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

I have some pancake dreads/roots as well, haha. Are they on the side you sleep on? I always sleep on my right side, and most of my pancake dreads are on the right side of my head. Coincidence? I think not, haha.

Dreadlover
@dreadlover
11 years ago
9 posts

Yeah, i understand that, but i have one dread who's root is baisically a semi-long straight line, and i dont see it becoming any other shape than just flat beaver tail:/

When i put this one dread up or move it arround, i feel it pulling on the roots and it hurts a bit :/

and Laura, i sleep on each side of my head so i dont think that that is causing the issue :c

soaring eagle said:

root shape makes no diference at all or all dreadheadhq dreads would be square

dont worry they are fine i got many like that

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Oh snap. Well, if it hurts a bit, maybe it's too heavy...I've never split a dread before, but you might want to look into that.

Dreadlover
@dreadlover
11 years ago
9 posts

It doesn't hurt when it's just sitting there or when i headbang, it only hurts a teeny-little bit when i pull it a bit to the right :P
The root also separates in two dreads which then join into one dread, the dread on the left hurts a little small bit when i pull the dread to the right.
Laura Earle said:

Oh snap. Well, if it hurts a bit, maybe it's too heavy...I've never split a dread before, but you might want to look into that.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Um...then don't pull on it?

Almost sounds like it wants to split itself...

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Like Eagle said, shape doesn't matter. It may stay a little flatter than the others. It may round out. Most likely, those will become your favorite locks because they have the most personality.

They look a little mature to split into 2, but if you can, it might be worth trying. I have one just like that but more intense. It's distinctly 2 locks for about 3-4 inches, then joins into 1 lock. You can leave it and see if it combines. Or you can try and make it into 2. But separating locks can be a little difficult, and may cause more damage during the process

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form