Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Messed up sectioning

Karin Mizopalko
@karin-mizopalko
11 years ago
6 posts
Hello! Well I finally have my dreads but the sad news is that my boyfriend royally screwed up the sectioning. I know this seems like no big deal but I have one huge dread in the back of my head and there is one huge blank space on the side of my head from the dreads being started in different directions. Should I start over or is there some way too fix this? It's really driving me nuts . we did twist n rip, no wax or gel and my dreads are only two days old.
updated by @karin-mizopalko: 01/13/15 09:53:03PM
Mikael Serres
@mikael-serres
11 years ago
10 posts

Just un-do and re-do the ones that bothers you.. 2 days old is no big deal. Use some conditionner if needed.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Redo them now. It's much easier to split baby locks into smaller sections than it is to try and split mature locks. No reason to wait and see if they fix themselves

Karin Mizopalko
@karin-mizopalko
11 years ago
6 posts

Thank you for all the replies!! I redid them and they are fantastic!!

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Im glad they are doing well now :) Im in the process of taking some hair out of a more mature dread so the baby one near by has more hair.. Not fun x)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

That's great to hear. Post some new pics of how they look now

Karin Mizopalko
@karin-mizopalko
11 years ago
6 posts
Oof, that sounds painful! I Used the tnr method and now some of them are coming unraveled. Should I fuss over them or just let them be? My hair is naturally curly so Ihad alot of llayers in it so there are some with stringy ends. Also my hair isn't getting dry at the root, I use Dr. Bronner's and made a sea salt spray and neither helps.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Don't mess with them. Messing with them, other than separating them, only resets your progress back to day 1.

How long does it take them to dry completely? Baby locks take less time than mature locks, but can still take upwards of 5-10 hours. As they mature, depending on how thick they are, you can expect it to take upwards of 36 hours to completely dry.

Wispy ends are a good thing. That is what helps your locks dry faster, and promotes healthier locks, in general. Blunted tips delay drying by twice as long, which can lead to mold/mildew growth in your locks. It's not a good thing, even if some people think it looks neater.

Dr. Bronners is good, but if you have hard water, it won't rinse out well, which causes residue to build up and can allow mold to start growing over time.

Sea salt isn't good to use to dry your scalp/hair after washing. I'm not sure if that's what you mean. But you should never use salt water after your wash. Nor should you use it on days between washes. Only use it, no more than, 2 hours before you wash. If left in, it will fry your hair and scalp making your hair brrttle and your scalp flaky and itchy

Karin Mizopalko
@karin-mizopalko
11 years ago
6 posts
Thank you for the advice! They're uunraveling at roots as well. I've always used salt spray in my hair w/o a problem but I will stop now. I was thinking maybe I put too much tea tree oil in the spray. As far as drying time, it's not too much longer than my brushable hair, bout an hour w a blow dryer. They'll be a week old tomorrow so I'll definitely post some pictures up. Thank u again!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form