Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How often do you shower?

Mikael Serres
@mikael-serres
11 years ago
10 posts

Well the tittle says it all. I usually wash my hair 1-2 times a week, but I was wondering about how often we should wash our BODY.

updated by @mikael-serres: 02/14/15 04:46:12AM
B likes Tea
@b-likes-tea
11 years ago
21 posts

I usually only shower if I feel particularly dirty or stinky! So, probably every 2-3 days or so. I also only use soap on the parts of my body that get dirty/sweaty, so my usual shower usually only consists of washing my feet, underarms and other sensitive areas, etc. The rest of the time showering is devoted to contemplating the universe and making life decisions =]

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

idealy id like to say 'when it rains"

but i wash my bod when i wash my hair

actualy to be more precise..i wash my hair my hair washes my body..lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm with Eagle. I only usually shower when I wash my hair. So maybe twice a week. Sometime's 3 times, if I really want to.

Now that I work outside all day, in the summer, I might shower in between washing my hair. In that case, I just put my hair up in a bun and keep it out of the water

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

I shower once a day when I wake up to get off the night sweat. And if I work out then I shower again afterwards.

Light Faerie ~
@light-faerie
11 years ago
34 posts

I wash my hair about 1-2 times a week too.

As for my body, more often. Maybe every other day. It depends if I've been outside a lot or not.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

I run every day, hoop, and break a sweat lifting things at work, so I shower e'reday. At LEAST once a day, haha.

Rafael Rodriguez
@rafael-rodriguez
11 years ago
41 posts

I and most likely everyone in my country shower two times per day, we use soap everywhere not just were it stinks or has visible dirt.

Coming to this country has reduced that to once per day unless i get too dirty, then when it is hot twice or more per day.

The natives from my land believed that sweat caused weakness so they would keep themselves very clean. Whether that is the source or just the perpetual summer of my island we tend to wash our bodiesminimumtwice per day because of the sweat, to refresh the body and whatever other good things that could come up from cleaning the body.

I have dated women from the U.S. and even procreated with two. One of then back then and even know I can still smell when she gets excited down there, when it has been too long since she took a shower, etc. I do not have a great sense of smell but I would recommend to everyone to at least shower once per day. No need to wash your hairevery timeyou shower.

While I do not like the view most people from this country has on theirhygiene I respect them and regardless of the odor I do not say anything about it unless we are close.

Clean body, clean mind, clean soul = win win

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

My husband tries that "I'll only bathe every other day" thing quite frequently. Or goes all weekend. ACK! Annoys me to no end. I don't understand why he does it. Or... doesn't does do it. Used to bathe regularly in the early years of our marriage. Now? shit. I don't know what gives but it's annoying. I keep myself up why can't he?

The only way I can seem to get my point across is to back away when he gets close and walk in the opposite direction. And I don't sleep next to him when he doesn't bathe that day. He's on notice. And he knows why I say no to fun time and he knows what to do to make a no turn into a yes. I'd rather put myself on the couch than deal with that ickiness.

We live in FLORIDA. You gotta bathe at least once a day. I am with you, Rafael, in thinking that a clean body is good for you all the way around. Skin is the largest and one of the most sensitive organs of the human body. The most vulnerable one, too. Even when I lived up in northern states I couldn't stand to go more than 15 hours or so without putting soap to my body. A living body sheds skin and oils and all that. It needs washed.

I've had this happen too many times lately in the heat of the summer-- walking through the store and passing someone who I swear to god has not bathed in a week. They got clean clothes on but they're body is funkdefied. What the hell is the point of that I ask you? And it's not sick funk. It's "I just don't feel like bathing kind of funk."

I know what sick funk smells like. Have a few diabetics on my husband's side. That's bad. Had another few family members with cancer and yeah, that's bad too. I know the difference between sick funk and dirty lazy funk.

If you just put your hair up in a bun you can bathe anytime you like. Dreads shouldn't get in the way with that. If you think it is getting in the way then cut the suckers off.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Yayyy, hygiene. I once dated a guy who only showered ONCE A MONTH. XP Claimed he didn't produce sweat, so he didn't need to bathe (he also claimed he was allergic to sunlight, so he couldn't go on walks with me, etc). People, his arms would turn GRAY after two weeks from all the grime! I eventually started denying him happy-time because of it, and...well, guess he preferred to be grimy and celibate. XD

"But Laura, why on earth did you date this guy?"

...I don't know. I really don't know. /facepalm

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form