Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To TNR or not?

SakuraRose
@sakurarose
11 years ago
4 posts

so i thought id see how tnr on a few parts of my hair went and i have to say there comming along great!

i dont know if i should tnr the rest of my hair of just leave it to dread itself?

what do you guys think?

updated by @sakurarose: 01/13/15 09:52:59PM
John Hooper
@john-hooper
11 years ago
21 posts

i'd tnr all of it and just let it do its thing after that. but it all depends on what you really want it to look like and how patient you are :p

SakuraRose
@sakurarose
11 years ago
4 posts

im not bothered what they look like i just been taking small part of my hair and tnr just to see what it looks like lol, im being patient this time! they look alright the one ive done i quiet like them ill just do my hair and tke a pic :p

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

TnR locks will end up looking just like natural locks would, when mature. You can TnR the rest, but they'll untangle when you wash, anyway. So you may as well let the rest happen naturally.

Light Faerie ~
@light-faerie
11 years ago
34 posts

I'm pretty sure the neglect method would lock dreads faster than Twist & Rip, since T&R goes undone.

I'm allowing my hair on the back to naturally form dreads, and it's coming along quite nicely compared to some dreads that I twist n ripped. They're not dreading as well.
I even choose backcomb instead of tnr.

❀.Zombeth.☮)O(
@zombetho
11 years ago
42 posts

That is entirely up to you,

if you have the patience go natural, let it do its thing :)

but if you want locks 'now' do TnR and let them be.

John Hooper
@john-hooper
11 years ago
21 posts

well tnr may speed the process up..you can just do a few like you've been doing and experiment and see how they come along, or you can just do it little by little whenever you're bored. that's what i did, but i always planned on doing a few and ended up going for hours, so i finished tnring all of it in like 3-4 hours :p

SakuraRose
@sakurarose
11 years ago
4 posts

ive washed my hair twice and they have still stuck! lol, ive done the back of my hair i just need to do the rest (hard to do when i start it and my 5 year old wants to have a go lol!) im doing the rest of my hair as its working for me :)
Robyn said:

My hair has been dreading on the slower side...10 months neglect and not even close to half locked up yet...I did a few tnr on the bottom layer and they all came out :) I was just curious to see if it would have helped...uunfortunately no it didn't hehe if your hair holds on to some of the knots that's cool :) all up to you!
SakuraRose
@sakurarose
11 years ago
4 posts

yeah im finishing off mine today they stayed in really well im surprised heheh got dirty looks when i took my son to school just annoys me!

John Hooper said:

well tnr may speed the process up..you can just do a few like you've been doing and experiment and see how they come along, or you can just do it little by little whenever you're bored. that's what i did, but i always planned on doing a few and ended up going for hours, so i finished tnring all of it in like 3-4 hours :p

Amanda12
@amanda12
11 years ago
46 posts

In a year or two it wont matter but its almost summer and if you plan on wearing your hair up a lot while its hot tnr might help your sections stay apart better (rather than a dread pony tail) but if you can handle your hair down or dont mind seperating you wont regret neglect. I went with neglect 51 weeks ago but I wonder how theyd look if I did use tnr.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form