Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Girls: Sea Pearls Sponges?

Ariel Loveless
@ariel-loveless
11 years ago
11 posts

I'm real new to the idea of alternative menstrual products. After researching and being told about the awful risks (not just TSS) associated with bleached tampons and synthetic fibers, I've decided to make the switch to a much more healthy and natural method. So I just started trying out Jade & Pearl Sea Sponge Tampons, I'm still getting use to it, it's very different but it doesn't feel like my vagina is absorbing toxins which was how I felt when using conventional tampons. Anyway I'm wondering if any of you girls use these and what you think about them?

updated by @ariel-loveless: 02/14/15 04:59:57AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

hard to read dark purple on black background

Ariel Loveless
@ariel-loveless
11 years ago
11 posts

I changed the color.

the Barrellady said:

hard to read dark purple on black background

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Much easier to read now, thanks. Very interesting to say the least, I looked them up on their website and have never heard of them before. Although I don't need them anymore, I am going to follow this post out of curiosity. How would you clean them, boil them I guess?

Light Faerie ~
@light-faerie
11 years ago
34 posts

I have never heard of Jade & Pearl, nor have I heard that tampons can be risky. Hm. There's nothing wrong with pads either, seems safer than tampons. I switch it up, using tampons on nights out & such.

Ariel Loveless
@ariel-loveless
11 years ago
11 posts

Their pamphlet says you shouldn't boil them because it will shorten the sponges lifespan but girls on other forums/blogs say they boil it. I've been soaking it in warm water with a couple drops of tea tree oil for 10+ minutes. Other than tea tree oil you can use acv, sea salt, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and colloidal silver. I'm sure there are other ways to clean it those are just what I know of so far.

Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
I use cloth pads that I make at home on my sewing machine and a diva cup. Super comfy, NO waste no fuss no risks.
Ariel Loveless
@ariel-loveless
11 years ago
11 posts

Unfortunately, unless you're using cloth pads, pads are bleached and made of synthetic fibers so they do have those risk factors same as tampons. It's really a matter of how much that bothers you or not.

Light Faerie ~ said:

I have never heard of Jade & Pearl, nor have I heard that tampons can be risky. Hm. There's nothing wrong with pads either, seems safer than tampons. I switch it up, using tampons on nights out & such.

Elaine Crittenden
@elaine-crittenden
11 years ago
18 posts
Also I would be willing to make a starter set to try at home for cheap. I use flannel tops, terry cloth inners, and fleece for the backs :)
Ariel Loveless
@ariel-loveless
11 years ago
11 posts

I've heard of Diva Cups long before I found out about menstrual sponges but I was way too intimidated to try it.. I think I still am. xD

Heidi said:

I use the Diva Cup. It's great. No waste and no cost (after initial purchase). No risk of TSS and no emergency trips to the store. I highly recommend trying it! :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form