Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What would happen if..

Mikael Serres
@mikael-serres
11 years ago
10 posts

Hey! So i did my locks using the following methods -> Backbomb + Crochet and interlocking for maintenance. The only reason to that being that I did not have the patiente to wait months or years for my hair to form dreads on their own. Lately i've been starting to regret that choice for I do not have any proud or credit for my dreads, anyone can have dread that way and anyway, this is not what dreadlocks are about, dreadlocks are in my opinion the result of letting go of all your materialistic though, forgetting about other people's opinions and becoming one with what your body is entending for your hair to look like. So i've considered cutting of my dread and starting all over. But first i wanted to know, what would happen if from now on i let my hair do what ever they want, would it work ? Would it look more natural in the end, or since sectioning has been done, there's no way out ? thanks !

updated by @mikael-serres: 01/13/15 09:52:42PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I don't know what type of sectioning you have or how it looks. What is wrong with your sectioning? Instead of cutting off your dreads, you can now let them be and grow naturally. When the natural growth is long enough for your liking, then cut off the crochet section then. Biotin 6000mcg strength can be found in your local drug store for under $10, in the vitamin section. This is a pill form that promotes hair growth that is noticeable in 3 months. If you can't find that strength, you can either ask the pharmacy to order it in, or take multiple pills to add up to that strength. (at first I only found 1000mcg strength, so I took 6 a day).

You don't feel proud how you got your dreads, but you will feel proud from here on in with the newer growth. Dreads take so long to grow, and you already have the sections and made dreads, so really, just continue on with only washing and separating, take the pills for accelerated growth and cut off the crocheted sections when the new growth is where you want it to be. That is what I would do since your hair is so long right now. But I am not you and don't feel what you do. But I know I would be at a loss without all that length.

Maybe just the decision to go natural from here on in and knowing that one day the other parts will be cut off will give you the spiritual growth within that you are missing.......Peace

Mikael Serres
@mikael-serres
11 years ago
10 posts

Sure that is an option. I though about doing so, still the only thing that bothers me is the sectioning part, for you do not have such thing on neglect/free-form locks. Well, I'm better wait untill I'm sure before I take any action. thanks for your reply !

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form