Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

baby dreads feeling really hard

Gabriella2
@gabriella2
11 years ago
9 posts
So my baby dreads are starting to feel really hard and not really soft and spongy. I'm wondering if this is normal? Or does it have to do with the new shampoo I'm using and that it might not be residue free. I started using Jamaican Mango & Lime Tingle shampoo and I'm not if this dreadlock shampoo is residue free. Could this be the cause of my hard baby dreads?
updated by @gabriella2: 01/13/15 09:52:28PM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

what method u started with? and yes dreads are soft and supposed to be that way... if they are stiff its product build up most probably. crotchet dreads are too tight n stiff as well.

Gabriella2
@gabriella2
11 years ago
9 posts
I started them off with the back comb method. Ever since I started using this shampoo they started getting hard so I'm quite certain now that it is product build up.
Joseph Cornally
@joseph-cornally
11 years ago
2 posts

use the simple baking sodamethod,, its proven time and time again,,,, and rinse with the acv rinse,,,,, these are easy simple and good ways for baby dreads,, peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

That is definitely a residue build up from the shampoo. Do they sell Neutrogena Anti Residue shampoo in South Africa? This stuff works like magic to remove any residues and dirt, you will see the water look grey when you use it. You don't use much, so purchase a small bottle of it only and it should also be used only 3-4 times a year to remove buildups. I dilute mine with water and put it in a squirt bottle so I can squirt my locks only and not get any on my scalp, it is the locks that need it. It is very drying to the scalp, gives the itches sometimes, so try not to get it there...Until you find a different dread shampoo, use the Baking Soda/ACV rinse.....Peace

Gabriella2
@gabriella2
11 years ago
9 posts
I actually went looking for the Neutrogena Anti Residueshampoo and found out that its been discontinued over here. I have been washing with the BS and ACV rinse but then followed it up with this shampoo I've been using. But I'l just stick to the BS wash and ACV rinse only while I still search for a residue free shampoo. Thanks.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Check the ingredients on the Mango lime shampoo. I know that some of their products conatian wax and other wax-like ingredients

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form