dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dry Hair? Is this "normal"?

Jule
@jule
11 years ago
20 posts

Hello,

Im just in the beginning (think about 2 month? Don`t care so much for time ;-))

But my hair feels so dry - everywhere - the whole length.

Before the journey of natural dreads - they were very smooth.

I take the same shampoo, then before, because I don`t want to waste them and I`m waiting for my package from dradlockshampoo. But Im al little scary...if I use the salt spray then....my hair become more dry - or?

Is this "normal" or is this a problem -like the danger of broken hair and damage?

Hope you understand -my english is not so good. :-)

Thanks and love

Jule

updated by @jule: 01/13/15 09:52:26PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Are you letting your hair dry naturally? Or are you using a blow dryer now? Are you still going all natural or did you do any twist & rip dreads? Did you use henna in your hair at all?

Jule
@jule
11 years ago
20 posts

Hello,

thanks for your respond

I dry my hair naturally - now blow dryer and I still go all naturally - no TnR or wax or any stuff like this - just wash every 3 days, rinse well and separate a little. :-)

I use henna since 5 years or so and yes, I use it now at all and the same way. I colored every 2 or 3 month, not so often I guess :-) And I use the real henna in biological quality. It was never a problem. Mhm... :-)

the Barrellady said:

Are you letting your hair dry naturally? Or are you using a blow dryer now? Are you still going all natural or did you do any twist & rip dreads? Did you use henna in your hair at all?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Now for the big question (I promise, I'm not trying to becondescending). Is it a scratchy, itchy, rash making dry? Brittle dry? Or does it just feel drier than your straight, unlocked hair?

I only ask, because as your hair locks, it's tangles and kinks up. This can produce some rough edges, and make the tips pop out in random places, instead of always at the bottom of your hair. Your hair can feel dry, when it's only rougher than before. Then you have no problem at all. If it's brittle, then we can figure out what you can do to change up your routine or add anything to your washes than can help. If it's rash making dry, then we can definitely help with that by adding some EO's to your wash.

Jule
@jule
11 years ago
20 posts

Hello Baba Fats,

thanks for your respond and you never be condescending ;-)

Think you`re right - it just feels drier but isn`t really - or just a little bit. My scalp isn`t itchy and I think then all will be all right ;-)

I love my hair and this journey actually so much....think I post later some photos ;-)

Thank you all

Jule

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Well, that was an easy fix huh Jule. You have done everything the same since before dreading, so it was not that. But I do recommend that you now use the blow dryer only a few minutes at a time, move it around constantly and use the setting on cool only. As Baba Fats said to your answers, since the above is all the same, it is the knots starting to form, so you are fine, no worries Jules.....Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form