Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The loops!

Katie Medina
@katie-medina
11 years ago
1 posts
So I'm coming up on 10 months of neglect method. But my dreads are getting more and more loopy and flat instead of of being solid and round. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Will the loops go away??
updated by @katie-medina: 01/13/15 09:52:25PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

The loops will eventually go away. Some may stay. But in time they will go away. You're just in the same group that Ixchel, myself and a number of other members are in. Some of us just take longer to mature than others. I didn't see a single tangle form until about a year in. Ixchel didn't see any progress for about 8 months.

As far as them being flat, that's ok. They will generally round out as they get squished while you sleep. Some may stay flatter than others. But those usually become your favorite, because they have the most character.

There's nothing you should/need to do to "fix" them, because there's nothing wrong with them

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Once your dreads have matured, if the flat spots don't round out, you can always put a bead over that area and they will slowly change to the round hole shape. But you will be amazed how different they will look in one year from now, all those flat areas might just be gone.....What a journey huh? wouldn't miss it for the world....Peace

matt krantzberg
@matt-krantzberg
11 years ago
20 posts
at first I disliked my loops and flat spots. but I learned to embrace and eventually love my loops. it's just part of the journey.
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I don't think you can ever "fix" dreads, because there is never anything wrong with them (if natural, or surrendered). They do what they have to do, depending on your hair type.

peace.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Touche' Tim

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form