Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need a dreadie pep talk please

Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
11 years ago
59 posts
Today is one of those days where I am wondering what the hell I am doing to my hair. I know my reasons. Usually I LOVE my hair. But today, I'm not feeling it :/. I know it will pass, but til it does, make me feel better please :) It's been 8 months since a brush has touched my hair. I have beads and wraps. It's unique. I don't want to give up!!! What do you do on an "off" day?
updated by @kimberly-eve: 01/13/15 09:52:20PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

On an off day, which I have had many, I make sure I don't look in the mirror. I also put on a tam and cover my hair. I does not help that my son who loves order and neatness tell me I look terrible. We all get down, believe me, that is what grows the inner strength. I have never in my life seen things through to the end when it takes this much time , except my marriage-which is not at its end..ha ha...but yeah, just hang in there. Can you see what they will look like in 3 years....beautiful aren't they!....keep that vision in your head...you can't get there if you don't hang in...you can do it...we all do it....you are beautiful now...maybe a little crazy looking today, but you are still beautiful....get a shoe lace and tie them up loosely. the texture of the lace keeps them in place when tied very loose...give yourself a coat of nail polish and do your toes too...make them all pretty and girlie...put on a pretty dress or your favorite outfit, even if you are staying home for the day....do you have pets...have them kiss you like crazy, they still think you are you no matter how you look today...kisses help....go on google images and look at some funny pictures and LOL.....I would give you a hug if I could reach you, so here is the next best thing....Peace That's you and me...hugs...hugs...hugs

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
11 years ago
59 posts
Awwwww! Haha! Thanks, both of you :)
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Do you need a hug too Rook Bee, here you go

Rook Bee said:

Im having one today too coincidently babes, iv stuck a band over my wildness today!
Do you have bands and tams? they really help you to forget the mess i think :) ditch the mirror...just dont look :P

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Well...if my confidence really plummets, I think about all the conditioner and combs I'd go through trying to brush them out. Might as well keep them, then. XD

JeffThaGreenthumb
@jeffthagreenthumb
11 years ago
13 posts

It is human nature to look in a mirror and not be satisfied by every detail. I been there before especially when others stare cause they never seen dreaded folks. Loose the mirror everyone is beautiful in many ways.Mirrors can play nasty tricks on ones self esteem and make us do crazy things. Eight months, a yearwas realhard for me sometimes, now when I see these same things I just dont care anymore. Dont you think folks comin out of salons and barbers think the same thing on certain days? bet they do. But I bet butterflies and birds and flowering trees, andtoddlersdon't. So I focus on trying to be more like them. Hope this at least makes you smile, peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Nice thoughts Jeff the

Kimberly Eve
@kimberly-eve
11 years ago
59 posts
So true about the brushes and conditioner O.oThe first time I tried this, I combed them out around month 4 or 5. Me wanted these dreads isn't going to go away, so I will not pay attention to my mirror and keep rocking on :)And I got a new bead yesterday in the mail too :).
Beckysan
@beckysan
11 years ago
17 posts
Thank you for your post! Today I am feeling just impatient. I still love what my hair is doing, the texture and the feel, but I can't wrap it up yet, still busy shrinking, it won't stay put back, all these things I want to be done with. I could relate to the what the hell am I doing thought, and I keep coming back to: what is right for me :).Patience isn't always easy to aporeciate when we are being taught the lesson, but I know I will get great joy when my babies are mature, and from the lessons I learned along the way. Hope you are feeling better about it today!!
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Robyn said:

I've been feeling similar :) I've lived in alaska for 2 1/2 years ...so being far from friends and family for the 9 months Ive been dreading has been..nice lol. We are about to move though and I am about to face EVERYONE who knows me...I can't lie. I'm nervous..and have thought "what am I doing??" My family loves me and accepts me and was not ssurprise when I told them I was letting my hair dread...Im nervous about my husband's family....Im going through an awkward stage right now too so Im a little self conscious :/ ...but within myself I know why I am on this path and I know I can not let anyone rattle me with thier opinions...but Im far from peaceful within myself as this is coming very quickly...should be interesting...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form