Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

feeling kinda flatttttt

Brianna Elizabeth
@brianna-elizabeth
11 years ago
19 posts

So my roots of my dreads are starting to get flat, is this normal? my sections are all about an inch and my dreads are all fairly thin but my roots are dreading great yet the back is all flat will this flatten out?? Im about 3 and a half months in btw

updated by @brianna-elizabeth: 01/13/15 09:51:58PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

It's normal. As you roll around in your sleep they will get squished in all sorts of directions. So they won't usually stay flattened. Some may end up somewhat flatter, but usually not all of them, and almost never flat to the point that you can tell just by looking at them straight on.

I have 1 of my biggest locks whose root and first 2-3 inches are flat. You can only tell if I show you, and roll it around slowly. I actually made a video about flat locks. You should check it out.

Some people like to use beads to help. Others use hemp to wrap them. But I wouldn't freak out about it yet. Get it some time to see if it rounds itself out on it's own

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I have some ends that are flat, look like beaver tails...Peace

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

all normal my dear good signs of matureness to come hun. mine are all flat in back above neck areas, its normal and good eventual will shape lil diffrent given much time. i have some thick ones so the are gunna just be flat a while longer for me lol but embrace it much changes to come soon hun. happi dreads indeed. peac an luv b with u on this journey to dready glory lol JAZZYMOMMA

Brianna Elizabeth
@brianna-elizabeth
11 years ago
19 posts

Thanks so much everyone I feel alot better about my locs lol I went and bought some cool beads and it helped a bit! and I am about to check out that video for flat dreads riiiiight now!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form