Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Best bar soap

Tif Fane
@tif-fane
11 years ago
1 posts

What is the best bar soap for dreads? I use Dr. Bronners or Zum on my body, but it leaves my hair really dull and kind of waxy or something (no, I don't use wax in it) and my scalp doesn't seem to get clean and gets flaky. I've been using Lush seaweed bars most recently and it seems to be doing a good job, but I read the link saying why it's not great for locs. Is there something that is both natural (or at least mostly so,) smells good, AND does a good job of cleaning as well. I shampoo a little more often than once a week. My bangs are not dreaded and get greasy really often so I wash them every other day. Thank you all for taking the time to read my post and offer your insight.

updated by @tif-fane: 01/13/15 09:51:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.cfom

washes amazing is more natural and ethical then bronners even and ..smells ..well put it in the bathroom andyou will want to sleep eat and entertain in there..it smells heavenly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jess2
@jess2
11 years ago
29 posts

yes dreadlockshampoo.com is my favourite ever. nag champa is just mmmmm

Jule
@jule
11 years ago
20 posts

Thank you, I actually search for good stuff, for my growing dreads ;-) and hope I can post here a question.

How work the shampoo bar? I mean, put I the soap on my head or foams in my hands and put the foam on my scalp? Sorry - bad english...Im from germany :-) Hope you understand my question :-)

Thanks

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Just rub the bar on wet head, scalp only, no rubbing it on forming knots. When you rinse it out it will run through the sections, cleaning them. When locks are fully mature, then you can rub them on your locks too...Vickie from DreadlockShampoo is also a member on this site!...Peace

Jule said:

Thank you, I actually search for good stuff, for my growing dreads ;-) and hope I can post here a question.

How work the shampoo bar? I mean, put I the soap on my head or foams in my hands and put the foam on my scalp? Sorry - bad english...Im from germany :-) Hope you understand my question :-)

Thanks

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Glad my post on LUSH bars helped you out. The DreadlockShampoos bars work in all types of water, from hard to soft, never leaving behind a residue. I personally use the liquid for now, when my dreads are completely locked up for good, then I will order the bars. The scents are amazing...they are natural...they are healthy for locks.....they are the best. Bars or liquid, they both are fantastic, they type you use is only a personal preference.

Dr. Bronners is good for people with soft water, it leaves behind a residue in hard water, so that is why you are getting that feeling using it.

As for greasy bangs, wash your forehead area a few times a day, the oil goes onto the hair, I have this problem also. You will find that the bangs, hairline area behind the ears take the longest to mature due to body oils. At 14 months I still have undreaded hair in that area, but am now slowly seeing progress...Peace

Here is a map for water types, looks like your is hard to very hard.

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

I have slightly hard water but I'm still able to do a BS wash without trouble. I just got my nag champa bar yesterday and washed for the first time today and I love it! Better than the liquid I think. Both are good tho.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I did the BS wash for my first year, works fantastic for exfoliating the scalp, Just make sure to use the ACV rinse after the BS wash. I did not always use it and over time I started to fry out my hair, took a few months to repair.

I light Nag Champ incense all the time, am addicted to the aroma!...Peace

MoorZ said:

I have slightly hard water but I'm still able to do a BS wash without trouble. I just got my nag champa bar yesterday and washed for the first time today and I love it! Better than the liquid I think. Both are good tho.

Jule
@jule
11 years ago
20 posts

I want to order some....but the shipping is amazing: about 60$ - puh....this is really too much for my :-(

the Barrellady said:

Just rub the bar on wet head, scalp only, no rubbing it on forming knots. When you rinse it out it will run through the sections, cleaning them. When locks are fully mature, then you can rub them on your locks too...Vickie from DreadlockShampoo is also a member on this site!...Peace

Jule said:

Thanks

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form