Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Using bands at the tips, for a very short period of time isn't as bad. The weak spots that are created don't affect the integrity of the lock. Many people use bands on their tips when they shower, so that the locks won't fall apart. But the issue is that bands prevent your hair from moving around as much as they need to. This stops most knotting from happening

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
Small wooden beads are easier to keep track of. I got a pack at hobby lobby and it didn't cost much.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Kelsey is right. The beads will allow hair strand movement to happen, they are just loose enough to let them move when they are ready to. If you use beads, you can keep them in, but just move them about sometimes. You would be amazed that a knot can happen overnight and all of a sudden the bead is stuck. Just check the inside of the hole first to make sure it is not rough. I bought a beautiful glass bead with a metal insert hole, when I put it in I heard ripping, dang if there was not a rough spot inside that hole and it ripped my hair. Even with wooden beads this can happen. If you have sandpaper, just rip off a small section and roll it up thinner than the hole, put it in and move turn it around..This will smooth out the hole for you. Have fun with them, you can add so many colours and designs. Oh yeah, if you have a thrift store near you, you might find some cool beads on necklaces, just might have to drill the hole larger...Peace

Kelsey Cliche! said:

Small wooden beads are easier to keep track of. I got a pack at hobby lobby and it didn't cost much.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form