Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A little help from my fellow dread head friends??

Logan2
@logan2
11 years ago
17 posts

Hey guys,

So tomorrow I start my summer job, I am a office manager at a very large campground so I deal with the public in a professional manner on a daily basis. I started my natural neglect dreads 5 months ago when my job was over because I knew my boss wouldn't allow for me to start my natural dreads while I was at work. So now, my manager saw my hair and told me I need to keep it back so it looks more professional. But after doing my research I've seen on here that having your hair pulled back often is deadening to your hair and isn't good for my locks. So my question to you guys is, is there any solution to having my hair pulled back and not have it be damaging to my hair? I work more than 40 hours a week, so my idea now is having a hair band pull my hair back and then use a hair tie around the base of the pony tail of dreads just one time around. Any other suggestions or do you think that'll be okay?

Thank you guys,

Logan

P.S. No tam hats, the office is not air conditioned so it's hot as balls in there during the blistering summer. :X

updated by @logan2: 01/13/15 09:51:35PM
Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
11 years ago
34 posts

Hey Logan! I would say you have the right idea! A head band a loose hair band around one time so that you don't feel any pulling in your scalp or obvious tightness. Do you have any mature enough dreads even to use as the hair tie? I like to use a headband and one of my dreads to wrap around them and tuck it in the loop. :)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Here is a great idea that I have used at times and it can be done daily with no pressure points on your dreading hair. Do you have a necklace that is on black string with some kind of charm or emblem on it? Just wrap that around your hair and pull the emblem through the loop and then gently tighten it enough to stay. It does not need to be tight to stay in, it just holds the locks in place. I just make sure that the charm is on top and showing. It has never fallen out of my hair, and due to shrinkage it is at shoulder length right now. Lots of cool necklaces for guys can be found, if you don't have one, try checking out a thrift store, mine here I can get them for 50cents each.

My "ponytail" if it can be called that, is wide, loose and holds, I don't do it tight....Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form