Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What would you do?

Megan Elyse
@megan-elyse
11 years ago
20 posts

Good afternoon everyone! Almost two weeks ago I decided to TnR almost all of my hair. I have been washing prettyconsistently, every other day or every two days. I know it is normal for them to loosen and even fall apart completely, and some are. So my question is should I comb them out and let them form naturally, or just let them continue falling and reforming? It took me 6 hours to TnR them all (approx. 50), so it will probably take me around the same amount of time to comb them out.

Megan Elyse :)

This is the one of the little guys that fell out.

They are all very loose at the root and the bottom three inches or so.

updated by @megan-elyse: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

It may actually take you longer to untangle them, since you want to be extra careful to not do any damage. I'd say let them keep untangling and retangling.

Megan Elyse
@megan-elyse
11 years ago
20 posts

That's what I was thinking until I started looking through timelines of the natural forming locks. I was instantly jealous that I would miss out on the loops and knots. Then I found a few that had fallen out and made me wonder if I should just comb them out. I will leave them though, secretly hoping they all fall out :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they look fine they should e loose at the roots and tips just like they are.its normal and perfect

u will still get loops and lumps the main diference is in how u defined sections vs how they formed and the whole watchung them form thing

it65s a difetent experience but your dreds will turn out fine still

its up to u if its impoertant to go natural then start over if its inmportant to have dreads more then to grow dreads spiritualy then continue with what u got

they honnestly look great

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Let em be and enjoy the ride now!.....Peace

Megan Elyse
@megan-elyse
11 years ago
20 posts
After years of admiring others' locks I just wanted them. Now it's more than that though. I have found myself wanting to have a simpler lifestyle all together, even though I am only a few weeks into my journey. It's also about letting go. Being that I am a stylist, I didn't want to look like I had bed head all the time. Now I feel like I'm missing out on an important part of the journey by having used the TnR method.Decisions, decisions.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You are just on a slightly different journey, but not much different with T&R. You will still go through the messy stages, the zig zagging etc. When you are at work, just wear a beautiful tam if need be on those really messy days, which we all have for sure in the first year. (I also did T&R ).....Peace

Megan Elyse said:

After years of admiring others' locks I just wanted them. Now it's more than that though. I have found myself wanting to have a simpler lifestyle all together, even though I am only a few weeks into my journey. It's also about letting go. Being that I am a stylist, I didn't want to look like I had bed head all the time. Now I feel like I'm missing out on an important part of the journey by having used the TnR method.

Decisions, decisions.
Megan Elyse
@megan-elyse
11 years ago
20 posts
After reading then re-reading SE's post, I decided to start over. It only took an hour by soaking in conditioner and running my fingers through. It's important at for me to dread naturally, but for a reason I can't articulate. I just feel the NEED to. Now as I watch my life and body change, I can watch my hair change as well.Thanks for all the replies loves :)
Megan Elyse
@megan-elyse
11 years ago
20 posts
Thanks Rook Bee!! I'm super excited!! I will be watching your progress as well!<3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form