dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need dread surgery

Barefoot Deadfreak
@barefoot-deadfreak
11 years ago
5 posts

JAH love &Goddess blessings

I'v been a longhair since '73 and never voluntarily cut my hair(worse than weariing shoes!

I started dreading my hair while working on the"everybody's kitchen bus in Phila while the RNC protests happened in 2000. I bcame extremely ill due to the flu and on the4th night of the cold sweats ;I wound up having a delusional conversation with myself and did the totally horribly unthinkable and chopped off my sacred symbol of praise 7thanks to my JAH I was feeling as though someone was pulling all my hair out by its roots.I realized later that OSF!!-WTF did I do!I have been in a severe depression ever since.

I talked to Soaring Eagle and he suggested this forum

I don't care to exist without my dreadsand was hoping for a kind spirit whose nknot in a hurryto do a gentle reknotting of my dreads.I'm open for discussion oftime,place,terms my hair that's left is 2-4" longand wish to avoid any further damage to my dreads due to my age my hair is thinning and my time is running out

Namaste

barefootdeadfreak

updated by @barefoot-deadfreak: 02/14/15 05:12:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

this brother ive known..gee i have no idea how long

did you know me pre dreads even?

(mine) i knew u pre yours so a min of 15 years possibly 20..25? 30?

i have never seen him in shoes ..standing knee deep in snow barefoot

working barefoot, hes 1 of the best plumbers in the city ..doing alot of high end contract work..allways barefoot

hes never owned shoes

he needs his dreads back

his life depends on it..literaly

hes 55 cant wait 25 years to regrow what he lost

so wants to bite the bullet and reattach what was cut off..as gently as possible

in the philly area

plz help him

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

so nobody in the philly area can help him out?

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Are you looking to reattach your old locks? Like knot them back onto the hair that's already there? Or are you looking for someone to help you gently TnR some new locks in?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hes 55 took hi8m 15 years to grow his thin haired dreads to hie butt

he wants to reattach them

now we talked about all the drawbacks of crochet and he wants the least damage possible since his hairs thin already i told him most here wiuld nbe against crocvhet but if it was nesaart =y they would tke extra care to not do much harm

now...if you know of a etter way to reattach them and have healthy dreads grow in again im all rears

just whatever u or anyone nearby can do to help him

its to the point he doesnt want to go on living without his dreads so really need to help him asap

today ecven

--
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Here is a list of members in your state. Perhaps you can send a message to each one and ask if they can help you out.....Peace

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/pennsylvaniadreads/user/list

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I wouldn't know how to do it without a latch hook, or crochet hook. But I'd bet that doing it very slowly and gently would be best. It could take dozens of hours to do the least damage. But it's possible. Kind of like putting in extensions. I'd probably recommend doing some serious work on the ends of each lock to loosen them up first. Then you wouldn't be poking serious holes directly into the locks themselves. They'd obviously be weaker at the joint, but they'd be attached

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I feel for you and wish I could help, but I am up here in Canada. Please care to still exist. I can't imagine the loss you know have, but please have faith that someone will help you out. Peace to you and have hope and strength my friend.....

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
I am not in that area but I'm sure you'll find someone to help you out. In the meantime if you are suicidal please seek help from a friend, psychiatrist, or therapist.
RabbityDread
@rabbitydread
11 years ago
10 posts

Barefoot, sir, I wish I was closer to you, as my wife has experience attaching dreads to loose hair. Stay strong, man. If you need, I can say that if you come to St. Louis I would be able to help. Unfortunately, we cannot travel at this time.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form