Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need suggestions for crusty, flaky scalp

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

I've been trying different things to clean all the crusty flakes off my scalp. I do have psoriasis, but only about one or two small patches on my head. They produce really small white flakes. The rest of my scalp has your typical yellowish flakes, I'm guessing that's because they've been on my scalp for so long. It seems like some areas will have the same flakes from weeks ago. Sometimes I try to pick and massage at the bigger flakes, but it doesn't do much.

Normally I use bucks county tea tree/rosemary bar and I follow it up by pouring 2 cups of water with 10 drops tea tree, 10 drops peppermint, & 10 drops rosemary. I do this about 2-3 times per week. I've also tried bs/acv wash twice, using the ratio of 1 cup bs to 10 cup water and 2 tbs acv to 5 cups of water. I of course use cold water to wash my hair always (except with bs wash, I do warm water then cold rinse).

The normal technique I use for washing my hair is massaging it in with the tips of my fingers/nails and I wash very diligently, making sure I get every part of my scalp clean and soaked with shampoo. Also, my apartment currently has very hard water. If I pour a glass of water from either my sink or shower, you can easily see all the minerals, the water's very cloudy, but I'm moving to another place in June and that apartment has soft water.

Both of these washes help, but not as much as I'd like them to. I still have a very crusty scalp. I can pretty much pull my hair apart anywhere on my scalp and still find flakes crusted. Anywhere I lay my head I leave a number of white flakes (like a pillow or a couch). I can take a picture if needed. Anyways,I was wondering if anybody had any other suggestions, or other essential oils that could help?

updated by @arrows-of-the-rainbow: 01/13/15 09:51:23PM
«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

Yeah, I've been switching around. I'll try sticking to one routine. Thanks!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form