dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Serious dreadlock help!

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

hey guys.

Thing is. I'm tempted to cut my dreadlocks of, or just brush them out.

Reasons are. I've had them done with a crochet hook. I've only had it done 3 times though. But the thing is.. It just bothers me really, that they aren't natural.

And also. I just don't think my hair is suited for dreads. I have thin hair, and my hair does not seem to grow a lot on the sides, and i kinda lack of dreads there, if you can say? But have a look at my pictures, and say for your self.

I need to make a decision.

help :(

updated by @gingerlocks: 01/13/15 09:51:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if u want to go natural themn comb them out and start over natural

if thats not the most important thing in the world to u then continue on more naturaly from here on

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

i agree with SE he does know best hehe :D:D goodluck spoke to u lil earlier haha and im not sure wat to say about ur thin hair type. goodluck peace an luv be with u

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

But how can I grow more dreads? Because I don't think I have many like.. on the front. And especially on the sides.

soaring eagle said:

if u want to go natural themn comb them out and start over natural

if thats not the most important thing in the world to u then continue on more naturaly from here on

SquidFase
@squidfase
11 years ago
24 posts

Personally, I think you should keep them. If you stop the crocheting now and just let them be, I'm sure they will be fine. I think they look wicked rad. Ilurkedthrough your pictures. as for growing more dreads, I just think you gotta let the rest of your hair keep on growing. Takes times.. takes time..takes time.. .. time.. time.. did you catch that? ;P

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

If you want dreads keep them, if you don't, cut them, if you want to go natural, either cut them, or brush them out and go natural. In time you will have a full head of dreads and they will be unique to you. They look normal to me, maybe you have a picture in your mind how you want them to look. Perhaps you can just accept them for who they are and continue and let them mature, I know they will suit you because it is your own dreads, let them be from now on, your natural loose hair will even it out in time, either joining with your exsisting dreads or making new dreads. What are you worried about? they look fine.

peace.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Don't rush into any decisions until you are absolutely sure what you want to do. If you want to cut them off, at least your hair is short enough that you can restart them within a year again. Whatever you decide, I hope that it makes you happy, we don't want to see anyone sad......NEVER......There is a product called Biotin which stimulates hair growth, it can be bought for under 10 bucks from your local drug store, just look in the vitamin etc. section.

All the best with your decision, we are here for you if needed....Peace

Gingerlocks
@gingerlocks
11 years ago
35 posts

Im worried about this hole crochet thing, and that my dreads will go weak? It's only been done like 4 times. like. I spoke to the guy who did it, and he said he doesn't"thread your own dread for the root" - dont know what that means?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form