Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hair discoloration

Joey5
@joey5
11 years ago
83 posts
Hey guys. My hair has been naturally bleaching itself. Its naturally dark brown but im coming up on a year of dreads and the ones on top are blonde and almost white. I use BS followed and/or Dreadlockshampoo bar. Can I dye them? Or what can I do to protect them?
updated by @joey5: 01/13/15 09:51:11PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

People have had some great success with Henna/Indigo dyes. Of course, you do have to periodically redo it. But it does work. There are plenty of recipes on line about how to mix the 2, what ratios to use, and what colours to use for different hair colours and textures.

Others use black tea. But with the BS wash, both will fade faster. BS strips the colour.

It's kind of natural for locks to lighten a bit. I had super dark brown hair before, and now it's a mixture of dark/medium/light brown.

I assume you're not using lemon or lime juice? That's good. Both will lighten your hair and weaken it considerably.

Joey5
@joey5
11 years ago
83 posts
No lemon juice. I do go to the beach weekly and am outdoors allot. I'm guessing this is it. I'm also thinking I might have lint. Would the dye help if its lint? Its a bit frustrating when people ask why my dreads are whiteish.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I hear you. Yeah, the sun is the most probable cause. The lint will be dyed along with your hair. If you can't safely get the lint out, it's fine to just dye over it

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form