dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Best method to dry dreads in winter

Jaco Rossouw
@jaco-rossouw
11 years ago
9 posts

Hey guys and gals!

I've been looking around, but won't you guys please help me quickly.

I'mapproachingmy first winter season with my dreads (Yay!) and I'm wondering about what would be the best way to dry them in the winter months. Winter is fastapproachinghere in Cape Town and the season is cold and rainy.. so normal air and sun dry won't be an option...

My dreads are almost 10 months, not very thick and they range in length, the longest being on my shoulder.

So would yourecommenda hair dryer etc. etc ?

Thanks for the help! :D

updated by @jaco-rossouw: 01/13/15 09:51:11PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I'd recommend the same method I do for super fat locks.

First, squeeze out as much excess water that you can in the shower. Try to to wring them out like a towel. But a good squeeze will do. In fact, it works even better to only do a few locks at a time, instead of all at once.

Then, with a towel, do the same. Just a few locks at a time. Here you can wring them out a little bit. The towel will absorb most of the water.

Now, hit them with a hair dryer, on medium, or cool heat. Cool is better. Only do this for a few minutes at a time, and make sure to move the dryer around a lot. Throughout the day, hit them with the dryer again. Since your locks aren't super tight yet, they will dry faster. But as they tighten, you'll need to do this more often in the winter.

Before you go to bed, squeeze a few locks to see if they still have any moisture in them. If they do, hit them with the dryer for a few more minutes. It's not great to go to sleep with damp locks. But since they are almost completely dry, they should be fine.

Since your locks are looser and not too thick, they will more than likely be completely dry by this point anyway

Jaco Rossouw
@jaco-rossouw
11 years ago
9 posts

Shaweeeettt dude thanks! Thats all I need to know!

Thanks, Master! :P

Blessings!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form