Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DREADLOCK SECTIONING

eva
@eva
11 years ago
38 posts

Hello. I'm finally dreading my hair again and I was wondering if I can get some opinions on the size and if it looks correct. I tried to make them half an inch to an inch.

Thank you ! :)

updated by @eva: 01/13/15 09:51:01PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi there, they seem to be larger than 1 inch sections, you only have 3 dreads from ear to ear. The ideal size is nothing larger than a quarter coin. (25cents). Also, the bands should come out right away. They will make weak points in the sections. and if made from rubber, will dissolve when washing hair and stick to your sections. Larger dreads do look really cool, but take 1-2 days to dry when mature.....peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1st 2 roews look big u only have 3 or 4 across

instead of 1 inch squares make them far more random 1/4 to 1/2 inch with 1 or 2 1 inch max it looks like most you made t around the max size u want

and the ridgid grids silly make em more random and natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how were u planning to start them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Izzy, the ideal way for dreads is to let your hair section naturally for at least a couple of weeks. After that time if you want to do the twist & method, you can use the naturally formed sections. All you will need to do is separate any sections that are larger than the 1 inch. This way they will be in random areas instead of the grid pattern as Soaring Eagle said. Hope this helps you....Peace

eva
@eva
11 years ago
38 posts

thank you so much for your comment and help Barrellady. Idealy, I would have let them sectionnaturally, butI'm only getting partial dreads and dreading the bottom section of my head, that's why I chose to do the twist and rip and grid pattern. ! But I tookSoaring Eaglesand youradvice and made themno bigger then a quarter ! So again, thank you for the help :):)

the Barrellady said:

Izzy, the ideal way for dreads is to let your hair section naturally for at least a couple of weeks. After that time if you want to do the twist & method, you can use the naturally formed sections. All you will need to do is separate any sections that are larger than the 1 inch. This way they will be in random areas instead of the grid pattern as Soaring Eagle said. Hope this helps you....Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form