Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

that day when you had dreads...or it appeared so.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

so was there a particular day for any of you where you looked in the mirror at your hair and said "holy crap those are dreads". it happened to me about a month ago. people had been commenting on my dreads and i looked in the mirror at each of them in the mirror individually and was taken aback almost. they really look like dreads now! the paddles have rounded out, the ends have either blunted or rounded or are nice and wispy and its all so dreadlike now. my first mature dread i had has now when from about 1/2 in diameter to 1 inch or a little less in diameter. and its really cool. i was just wondering if anyone else had that point of realization...

updated by @knotlady: 01/13/15 09:50:56PM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

That fabulous day occurred at around the three-month mark for me. Nobody had ever commented on the many changes happening atop my head, and then one day I received three compliments while at work! Eh, but to be fair, my hair was straight, dyed red, and styled ever-so-meticulously on a daily basis before I started neglecting...the difference was blatantly obvious, haha.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

it is fabulous isnt it :D? all i did with my hair before dreads was put it up in a ponytail or bun. thats part of the reason i wanted dreads. i knew that there would be more styling options i would be happier with. its funny now that i mention it, because i feel i neglected my hair then and im taking care of it and appreciating it more now.

Laura Earle said:

That fabulous day occurred at around the three-month mark for me. Nobody had ever commented on the many changes happening atop my head, and then one day I received three compliments while at work! Eh, but to be fair, my hair was straight, dyed red, and styled ever-so-meticulously on a daily basis before I started neglecting...the difference was blatantly obvious, haha.

DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
I haven't reached my first dread but i got my first knot today and was super excited. i sent pics to all my friends and they all thank I'm nuts now but it was a awesome thing!!!
Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
Same here, knotlady! I always kept my hair in a ponytail before and I enjoy my hair so much more now. I'm at a lil over 15 months and it has been slow going, but in the last few months I've been getting more people actually calling them dreads and complimenting them. So fun!
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

yeah i remember getting super excited about new knots. i still do i still have new hair and the hair by my ears isnt dreaded as much. whats also super fun is watching how that little knot makes many more knots. i would wake up and feel the sections every day to see what was new. i still have new things. its a constantly changing hair style!

DaThrill Helton said:

I haven't reached my first dread but i got my first knot today and was super excited. i sent pics to all my friends and they all thank I'm nuts now but it was a awesome thing!!!
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

yeah other people saying "dreads" in reference to me made me realize how much its changed!!

Kelsey Cliche! said:

Same here, knotlady! I always kept my hair in a ponytail before and I enjoy my hair so much more now. I'm at a lil over 15 months and it has been slow going, but in the last few months I've been getting more people actually calling them dreads and complimenting them. So fun!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form