dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet Hook

Jenni Macnair
@jenni-macnair
11 years ago
21 posts

Hello!

I'm three years into the natural dreading process and I was wondering if I should be using a crochet hook to tidy them up?

I'm not even sure how I would use it so any advice would be lovely :)

Ta x

updated by @jenni-macnair: 01/13/15 09:50:55PM
DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

I would stay far away from crochet hooks, my friend! it's only going to cause damage and hair breakage, which will lead to weak spots in your dreads resulting in them possibly breaking off! The fuzzies will eventually either find their way into surrounding dreads or start new baby ones. Hope this helps!! :)

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

no no no! crochet is really damaging. ive damaged one of mine just trying to get the fuzz out with my fingers. it weakens dreads greatly and i personally think crocheted dreads look wierd...

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Like every one said, crocheting is the second most destructive hing you can do to locks other than felting. It does nothing to help them out. But only breaks hairs into smaller and smaller pieces, which makes your locks extremely weak. No matter how old your locks are, there will always be a bit of fuzz popping out of them. Crocheting breaks hairs into more pieces which create more fuzzies that will pop out and look messy. Which will make you think you need to crochet again,to fix those. It's a never ending cycle of damage.

For the most part, people at a normal talking distance can't see those fizzies. You can because you are looking at your locks from inches away. But from a normal 2-3 feet,they are invisible.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

what made you ask the question? if you dont mind me asking...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form