Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dreads

Stephanie Kleinsmith Carroll
@stephanie-kleinsmith-carroll
11 years ago
10 posts
I just started my dreads last week. I thought I did a good amount of research, so I did back combing and used beeswax (and a little crocheting). THEN I found this page. I now realize that I pretty much did everything wrong. So my concerns are...they look like shit, have I done too much damage at this point? (I vow never to touch a comb or wax again.) Will time heal them? And secondly, I have scraggly loose ends that just refused to be back combed. Will they blend in over time? I can admit that I'm a sucker for instant gratification but I'm beginning to understand that this is a long process. Please help!
updated by @stephanie-kleinsmith-carroll: 01/13/15 09:50:46PM
11 years ago
10 posts
And I also have the "sideshow bob" thing going on. These things CANNOT be left down, they're such a mess. I keep them pulled up into a loose ponytail. Will that calm down?
Jonathan Poll
@jonathan-poll
11 years ago
31 posts

Well what I've done to fix the loose ends (I'm starting natural, but have a couple tnr's) is blutnen them by rubbing ther hell out of the tips, see http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/tip-rubbing-to-create-rounded

It really "locks" the tips, and I see its slowly locking higher and higher.

JP

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome 1srt and foremost start doing wax removal and throw the hook away

next leave the tips alone

they are better off loose just leave em be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

bad idea leave the tips alone

Jonathan Poll said:

Well what I've done to fix the loose ends (I'm starting natural, but have a couple tnr's) is blutnen them by rubbing ther hell out of the tips, see http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/tip-rubbing-to-create-rounded

It really "locks" the tips, and I see its slowly locking higher and higher.

JP

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcouerse u look like sideshow bob u got wax in them wax will make them stand straight up stiff

once the wax is removed and u stiop crochet they will get better just leve em alone

Stephanie Kleinsmith Carroll said:

And I also have the "sideshow bob" thing going on. These things CANNOT be left down, they're such a mess. I keep them pulled up into a loose ponytail. Will that calm down?

--
11 years ago
10 posts
I'm going to do some wax removal ASAP! I originally did them without wax (just backcombing) and then went back and applied wax. I really wish I hadn't done that! Thank you for the advice! I feel much better knowing I haven't completely destroyed them.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form