Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dying 3 week old natural dreadlocks?

deathwish
@deathwish
11 years ago
17 posts

my hair color's currently reddish-brown, even a little lighter than this picture ( http://www.dreadlockssite.com/photo/neglect-pre-journey?context=user ) and I have a box of Garnier's ash blonde color that I want to dye my hair with.

I was wondering if it's okay for me to dye my 3 week old natural dreadlocks? like, it will have negatives effects? and will my hair turn orange?

updated by @deathwish: 01/13/15 09:50:34PM
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Ash blonde will not dye over top of reds or med to dark browns, without first lifting and lightning your hair color. As far as it being too soon or not good for your 3 week old dreads, I think is more of a personal preference. Some people will not put box dyes on their hair because of the harsh abraesive chemicals. I would not use the conditioner afterwards. I hope you find this information helpful and useful. Happy dreading.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Mmyeah, I'd stay away from the dye if I were you. Attempted to dye my hair 2 months into dreading and EVERY SINGLE DREAD came out. :( I didn't use the conditioner that came with the dye and was v-e-r-y careful to not make any brushing motions as I distributed the dye. Sure miss dyeing my boring brown hair fun colors. :(

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form