Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

feeling positive

mummy-lou
@mummy-lou
11 years ago
8 posts

I woke up this morning and my hair (aka "the nest")was as wild as usual and the more I looked at it the worse I felt. last night I combed out the front 3 dreadlets and re-tnr'd them but much looser this time because I was concerned about how tight I had done them initially, but I just felt that there was so far to go for my hair to fully mature. In the end I thought there was only one thing to do... so I popped back for a little reassurance and to remind my self that every stage of this journey is personal. every bump, every kink and curl is unique to me and bit by bit i'm learning to love each and every one.

I love my life, I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful daughters that I love with all my heartbut aside from that I never really felt that I had something of my own that was just for me until I started this journey.

(on a slightly less sappy note) I washed my hair today with bicarb soda and cider vinegar rise. I was using dread fusion soap but I've run out , I found it much nicer and much kinder to the roots ofmy hair... i'm officiallyconverted! the only down side is that I only just stopped smelling like a chip, so tomorrow i'm going to pick up some tea tree oil. hopefully that will do the trick. :)

updated by @mummy-lou: 01/13/15 09:50:25PM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Yay! Glad your life is full of love and knottiness and all that good stuff. ^_^ Hmm, how much ACV did you use? Apparently, if you use the right amount, you can't even smell it afterward. I use about 1/4-1/3 cup diluted in 3 cups of water and that usually leaves me fragrance-free.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Laura, careful how much ACV you use, it is a conditioner and can cause any knotting to fall out or slow down. The usual ratio is 1-2 capfuls to 5 cups water. Pour on washed hair and rinse out right away or within one minute. I would hate to hear that your were going in reverse after each wash.

Sarah: We all have bad days with our hair, sometimes really really feeling down on our stupid looking hair days.....You know what got me through those days? Imagining my dreads in 3 years time. Growing dreads is very powerful, it teaches us something within. Even though some days I the journey, I truly love the journey....Peace

Laura Earle said:

Yay! Glad your life is full of love and knottiness and all that good stuff. ^_^ Hmm, how much ACV did you use? Apparently, if you use the right amount, you can't even smell it afterward. I use about 1/4-1/3 cup diluted in 3 cups of water and that usually leaves me fragrance-free.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

...It's been fine for the past eight months?

This is just what works best for me, not saying it will work the best for everyone.

the Barrellady said:

Hi Laura, careful how much ACV you use, it is a conditioner and can cause any knotting to fall out or slow down. The usual ratio is 1-2 capfuls to 5 cups water. Pour on washed hair and rinse out right away or within one minute. I would hate to hear that your were going in reverse after each wash.

Sarah: We all have bad days with our hair, sometimes really really feeling down on our stupid looking hair days.....You know what got me through those days? Imagining my dreads in 3 years time. Growing dreads is very powerful, it teaches us something within. Even though some days I the journey, I truly love the journey....Peace

Laura Earle said:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form