Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I LOVE MY HAIR.. NO MATTER WHAT !

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

SUPP DREAD PEOPLE ! felt like sharing this wth u guys . :)

i never used to comb my hair ever.. even when they were small. but they were short and never used to dread cos i ocassionally used to finger comb them and use shampoos.

i didnt even know any 'methods' of making dreadlocks. all i knew was that they happen when they are long and u dont comb them. i stopped using the shampoo after i had fair enough hair length and started using a handmade soap. many people i know said u will have to stop washing ur hair and even bathing if u wanted to have 'dirty' hair like that..

i landed here on this site while searching for better ways of washing my hair .. 1st links that i got on google was the dreadheadhq site.. i went through that and came to know abt backcombing and waxing thing.. obvsly didnt fit in my logical thinking why would u first put a flammable thing in ur hair and then use even more multiple products to counter the disasters of the earlier product.. seemed really meaningless and too much of maintenace and time consuming.

after i went through the dreaducation pages here i really felt so so nice n my desire to have dreadlocks got even stronger. :) i started realising how beautiful they can be if given time and minimal interaction like regular washing and separating if needed. i also realised how stupid n ignorant those ppl were who told me that u have to stay unwashed if u wanna have dreads..

i regularly wash my hair wth bs/acv now. 2-3 times a week. initial days still were tough cos there wasnt much progress n family and frnds used to say ur hair is getting messier and worse by the day.. i stil persisted and just stayed patient..

i am a lil over 6 months in now and i have a handfull of sections and some young dreads i can boast of. and the same ppl who said 'nothings happening' hv got more n more interested in my hair. even more than their own hair lol. they feel intrigued and look forward to how they will turn in the coming months and thats a motivation in itself .!

i really wanna thank all the ppl here and all those associated wth this site and SE (obviously) for helping me out wth my hair which always used to be a problem for me (cos it always used to be uncontrollable and was untamed). this was a little long, thanx for reading :P peace, love n light to every1.. :)

updated by @ojas-acharya: 01/13/15 09:50:22PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

That's awesome. It's a shame that so many people thin your hair has to be dirty to lock. As you can see, it's quite the opposite. Dirty hair doesn't lock up well. But clean hair locks like crazy.

I can't wait to see how they turn out. Have you taken any pics along the way? Maybe start a cool timeline to help inspire other newbies

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

So true baba fats, its a shame n sometimes amusing to know how unaware people are about the real nature of their hair n how much are we driven towards 'arranging' certain things in certain ways even if those things dont want, need and are meant to be that way..

it gives me so much freedom when i leave my hair to its devices, just dont care of what some tom, dick harry walkin on the road would say about me and the way i look.. this is just awesome.

i do have some pics uploaded here.. was battling it out against some dandruff.. my scalps much nice and so less nasty now. :)

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

bless u and have a wonderful journey my friend:D

updated by @jazzymomma: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Some peoples hair is meant to have dreads, it certainly sounds like you are one of them.. Rock on with your journey...Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

gotta agree you were meant to dread

congrats

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

any comment or complement from u SE ..... its so motivating.. thank u so much every1. :) i am thinkin of trying some dreadlockshampoo.com stuff.. dont have the money yet cos maybe i will have to order more quantity becos i stay quite far, and moreover my dreads are just very young and my roots are pretty loose. so im just relying on the no touch bs/acv washes for the time being.. they work pretty well for me. 1nce my lil brothers mature im gonna use some bars to clean them! :)

soaring eagle said:

gotta agree you were meant to dread

congrats

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form