Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

David Hinds

Gary2
@gary2
11 years ago
46 posts

I love David Hinds of steel pulse locks. i just would love to know how this is obtained.

updated by @gary2: 01/13/15 09:50:19PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Those dreads are certainly unique. They are formed by many dreads joining together. This is called Congos. In one of the photos, I think the first, you can see his dreads on the left near bottom has so many little dreads sticking out at the very bottom of the huge dread. If you don't separate your sections, this is what eventually happens. so how do you obtain them??? don't separate.

Peace

Gary2
@gary2
11 years ago
46 posts

Does there happen to be a downside to Congos?

the Barrellady said:

Those dreads are certainly unique. They are formed by many dreads joining together. This is called Congos. In one of the photos, I think the first, you can see his dreads on the left near bottom has so many little dreads sticking out at the very bottom of the huge dread. If you don't separate your sections, this is what eventually happens. so how do you obtain them??? don't separate.

Peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

The downside overpower the awesome look I think.

They are super heavy and put strain and stress on the roots of the hair and the scalp. Those people prone to headaches or migraines can't do these.

Congos take sometimes days to dry, depending on their thickness. Normal fatties can take up to 36 hours to dry. So the chances are higher for mold to set in if you do not fully dry the dreads in between washes.

But as I said, they do look wicked.....

Gary2
@gary2
11 years ago
46 posts

oh wow. thanks for that answer. i am going to let my hair Congo when it is long enough. it will be the greatest journey.

the Barrellady said:

The downside overpower the awesome look I think.

They are super heavy and put strain and stress on the roots of the hair and the scalp. Those people prone to headaches or migraines can't do these.

Congos take sometimes days to dry, depending on their thickness. Normal fatties can take up to 36 hours to dry. So the chances are higher for mold to set in if you do not fully dry the dreads in between washes.

But as I said, they do look wicked.....

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

The weight is not a big issue, with large dreads the weight is spread across enough hair to hold its own weight. I had a huge dread once upon a time, and I never felt it was heavy, I never felt pulling, I never had any traction alopecia. Drying time is a factor but not an issue, you just learn how to handle it.

Below is a dread I had some years ago, they can get a bit awkward to sleep on. But, I am hearing all this stuff about weight, and my experience is that it is not a factor, the weight is spread.

updated by @tim5: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Wow Tim, that congo is wicked, unique, awesome and wonderful. Thanks for teaching me that weight is not a factor and it makes sense how you explain the weight is being distributed. I just always assumed incorrectly :)

Just out of curiosity, how long did that fat boy take to dry?

Peace

Tim said:

The weight is not a big issue, with large dreads the weight is spread across enough hair to hold its own weight. I had a huge dread once upon a time, and I never felt it was heavy, I never felt pulling, I never had any traction alopecia. Drying time is a factor but not an issue, you just learn how to handle it.

Below is a dread I had some years ago, they can get a bit awkward to sleep on. But, I am hearing all this stuff about weight, and my experience is that it is not a factor, the weight is spread.

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Its hard to remember exactly, but I did not wash often in winter is all I can remember. It would have taken days to really dry properly. I had eight dreads in total at that stage, so washing regime is much different to the usual every three days or so, the drying time of large dreads is the main factor to consider.

peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Thanks for sharing Tim.

Tim said:

Its hard to remember exactly, but I did not wash often in winter is all I can remember. It would have taken days to really dry properly. I had eight dreads in total at that stage, so washing regime is much different to the usual every three days or so, the drying time of large dreads is the main factor to consider.

peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form