Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

just realized today is 4 months since i stopped brushing!

i put some wraps on a few in the back because they are wanting to all hang out. will my hair actually dread in the wraps? at this point the whole length is not dreaded, pretty much just near my scalp, some half way down thelengthof my hair.

updated by @katietheladi: 01/13/15 09:50:16PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi there Katietheladi. When dreads are forming, it is best to use the criss cross technique with embroidery thread when wrapping them. This still allows the section to dread, loop etc. Tight wraps, wrapping entire sections etc can restrict the process as they need to move and do their thing to mature. Wraps are fun, just don't do them too tight yet. Peace.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

If you would like to do the criss cross method: Tie the thread to the top of the dread near the roots, but not too close, you still want root movement. So tie it tight enough to stay, not not too tight that you are squeezing the hair up there causing a weak point. Now you should have equal lengths of embroidery thread, start by wrapping each string once around the section, do the other string, repeat the process as you slowly make it down near the bottom and tie the ends up. That's it. These may last up to two months and still allow the sections to move around and dread. Embroidery thread can come in over a hundred colors, so have fun with them. ...Peace

katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

thanks :) i did do the criss cross but maybe i did it to tight theres not much space in between each one

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form