Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Salt wash ?

Teisha smith
@teisha-smith
11 years ago
15 posts
Of I wash my dreads with bcs wash leave in for 20 then do the acv wash were does the sea salt wash come in and what's the ratio for that and the acv wash ? I'm nearly a week into my dreads just confused
updated by @teisha-smith: 02/14/15 09:09:06AM
DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
I'm a dread newbie also but had this same question . use the sea salt mix about 2 hours before u wash them. the ratio is 1 tablespoon of sea salt per 16 ounces or 3.5 percent of the water volume. this is what. they told me when i asked :)
Teisha smith
@teisha-smith
11 years ago
15 posts
Thanks heaps :)
DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
Oh and only spray it on your dreads not your scalp.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Dathrill's right about the salt.

And a quick question. Are you rinsing the BS off before you do the ACV rinse? Or are you rinsing the BS off with the ACV rinse?

NEVER mix ACV and BS together

Teisha smith
@teisha-smith
11 years ago
15 posts
I just do the bs rinse so far haven't done the acv rinse yet but I'm going to next wash coz my scalp is so itchy still, can I add the same oils to the acv rinse as I did the bs rinse ? (:
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I always did. You may not need as much, But if you don't have oily hair in the first place, it wouldn't hurt

Teisha smith
@teisha-smith
11 years ago
15 posts
Ok thanks ill try it :))
Kimbo
@kimbo
11 years ago
2 posts

what happens if you dont rinse bs out before acv rinse? I have been doing this for awhile and haven't had issues... please let me know if this is damaging.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

BS and ACV mixed together fizz and release heat. This will fry your hair and scalp quickly. Think of those old volcanos kids make in science class in middle school. That's what BS and vinegar do when mixed. Because it's mixed with a lot of water, it's not a fizzy, but the reaction is the same. You should never feel heat when you do the BS/ACV wash. And it should never fizz

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form