Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

maintenance

Kimberly Fabre
@kimberly-fabre
11 years ago
1 posts

Hey everyone...Im new to the site and only 2 days into this. When do you start using the sea salt spray and the baking soda to wash and what is the ratio.

updated by @kimberly-fabre: 01/13/15 09:50:00PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Kimberly, the dreaducation pages have all your answers, but here is the ratio for washing every 2-3 day in the beginning;

mix 1/2 cup of baking soda (BS) to 5 cups of water, pour on wet scalp and let it sit for 10-20 minutes...rinse well...now you must balance the hairs PH from using the BS, so mix 1 capful of apple cider vinegar (ACV) with 5 cups water, pour on head and rinse off right away or within a minute.. This is also a safe conditioner for dreading....You can finish off with a cold rinse, as cold as your head can take.

Sea salt sprays can start right away, helps the locking process, Don't use regular table salt...Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

sea salt spray whenever u want its 3.5% of the water volume but the pink himalean sea salt speray from dreadlockshampoo.com is way superior to home made the ping sea salts the higheat quality in the world but also she adds proteins and herbs that are good for the hair sao it drasticly increases dreading without harmn so u can leave it on instead of washing off after 2 hours

the baking sofda statt anythime u want'

1-10 ration 1/2 cup to 5 cups water

acv make si=ure u rinse the bs out 1st then 1-2 tablespoons

bs soak 10 min acv rince right away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

You can use the seasalt spray anytime but don't over do it. I only use it on days I wash but mostly only once a week.
When using the BS, make sure you rinse well before using the ACV cause you don't want them to react.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form