Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bs/avc wash.

Lydia Aulozzi
@lydia-aulozzi
11 years ago
6 posts
So I'm gonna wash my hair for the first time have my 2 dreads, it's been 2 days, I tried to wait longer but my hair is so oily it's not funny. So I have to wash it, I'm gonna try the bs/avc wash even though I only have 2 dreads so far cause I really want them to turn out nice and maybe it'll help dry my hair a bit. How exactly do you make the wash though? And how do I wash my hair with it?Also I have no clue if I have hard or soft water, I hope it doesn't effect it too much...
updated by @lydia-aulozzi: 01/13/15 09:49:56PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I have hard water and it does not affect the baking soda (BS) wash. Mix 1/2 cup BS to 5 cups water, wet hair and pour onto scalp...leave it on for 10 minutes. (20 minutes if needed for deep cleanse). ...rinse well....You have very oily hair it sounds like, so you may not need the apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinse. The natural oils you are quickly producing are balancing your hairs PH. If you find you hair getting a little dry feeling, then try the ACV once a week. How you use this is 1 capful of ACV to 5 cups water. Pour over head after rinsing out the BS well, rinse off right away for your scalp type. (Others with non oily hair would leave it on for up to a minute. )

With this method you don't have to scrub the scalp as it naturally exfoliates the skin, but you can scrub if you want to.

Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form