dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet to natural

Amuchastegui
@amuchastegui
11 years ago
11 posts

Hi people, how are you doing?,
i have some doubts and im wodering if you can help me with them... i got dreadlocks approximately two weeks ago by crochet method and trying to find out how to do the maintenance i endend up here and saw/read all the benefits of natural dreads... so my question is , can i go natural from this point? will the roots naturally dread with time?, , i havent done any maintenance yet.

Cheers to everyone and have a nice day.

updated by @amuchastegui: 01/13/15 09:49:55PM
Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

I beleave u can just let them be, but they will most likely get loose and all dat, but it's best thing that can happen. Let them grow free from now on, and they will be fine. :-)

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

yes yes an yes lol seems u already kno and just need reasurance lol yep just leave them alone and they will do all of that haha goodluck an no maintenence other than pulling each one apart for getting all stuck together haha which would form huge ones haha but if u like that then haha donr pull dem apart haha goodluck and welcome:D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

take a look at my dreads

i wouldnt have dreads if they didnt dread naturaly

and even if i crovcheted to start and the roots didnt dred id have silly lil crocheted 2 inches with 17-20 feet of hair (not really since u shed every hair every 7 years so it woiuld be in 3 seperate disconnected peices)

but the thing about croichet is its evil

it did extreme harm and delayed any progress by 6 moinths

over the next 6 month s there wont be any dreadung till they loosen up enough to dread'

they will get 10 times more frizz then healthy dreads from all the broken hairs popping out

they will slowlu=y get less scratchy ad roiugh and stiff and get softer

then loop..when they start to loop they are startring to dread right

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Yep, your journey will be longer to get mature dreads, but you still can. Never crochet again, do no maintenance except for washing and separating any sections trying to join together.

The first year, they won't look like dreads, they will be fuzzy from the broken hairs, but in time those hairs will get sucked into the dread. They will loop and zig zag while on their journey, at times they will look messy. This is the patience part. With time, and inner strength, you will be rewarded with beautiful mature dreads (might take you 2 years due to crochet), but it will be worth it. If you want your dreads for years to come, or for life, then let them be, find your inner strength and put up with the crazy things it will do to get there for you. Never give in and change what they are doing, it will all be a natural process they need to go through.. We are all glad that you found this site now...I think it is the best one on the web...

Hang in there and enjoy the ride. .....Peace

Oh yeah, don't you just love Soaring Eagles dreads! All natural baby, all natural!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form