Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is this shampoo is ok for my new dreads??

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Okey, so i can't buy from dreadlockshampoo.com because i live in Europe,so i diged what i can find my my country (Lithuania). I found in one site taht is called eco-house, that they sell this shampoo and whanted to ask if its ok to use this shampoo, here is description ---->

Helps with irritated scalp. Organic, Ecocert certified shampoo made from natural materials. Nothing more! Ingredients: water, aloe vera gel, coconut and corn sugar soap, vegetable glycerin, citric acid, lavender flower extract, tea tree and lavender essential oils. (Et. oils are geraniol, linaliolio, limonene). Nothing more! Manufacturer: Urtekram

updated by @jokubas-bauza: 02/14/15 05:06:53PM
James Duffy
@james-duffy
11 years ago
10 posts
I live in europe as well my friend n I can get the stuff no probs.if u contact the owner(viki),she can send you an invoice which you can order with
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

at a glance, its seems ok. i would do baking soda/apple cider vinegar rinses every so often in case there is residue/build up. seems like it might be conditioning though

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Corn sugar is High Fructose Corn Syrup, so it's not actually all natural. Companies have been pressing for HFCS to be changed to corn sugar, on packaging, because of the bad rap that the name has with it.

Aloe Vera is too conditioning, andGlycerinwill condition your hair too. If you have african textured hair, both are ok. But if not, stay away from them in shampoo.

The BS wash is great. I'm not sure where in Europe you are, but they may call it Bread Soda around you. It's NOT the same as baking powder.

Why can't you get the soaps from dreadlockshampoo? They ship overseas. If you by 5-6 bars at a time, the shipping is the same as for 1 bar. Then you don't have to buy it over and over

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

Bar cost 10$ + shipping to Lithuania will be probably like 20$+, moreover there is duty payment or how is caled when shipping from usa to europe, so it will cost even more....

Baba Fats said:

Corn sugar is High Fructose Corn Syrup, so it's not actually all natural. Companies have been pressing for HFCS to be changed to corn sugar, on packaging, because of the bad rap that the name has with it.

Aloe Vera is too conditioning, andGlycerinwill condition your hair too. If you have african textured hair, both are ok. But if not, stay away from them in shampoo.

The BS wash is great. I'm not sure where in Europe you are, but they may call it Bread Soda around you. It's NOT the same as baking powder.

Why can't you get the soaps from dreadlockshampoo? They ship overseas. If you by 5-6 bars at a time, the shipping is the same as for 1 bar. Then you don't have to buy it over and over

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Oh, I know that Europe has high taxes for shipping from the US. That's part of the reason to buy multiple bars at a time. But if you don't have the cash to drop on 6 bars, the BS wash is probably your best bet. I don't know if you can get Dr. Bronners there. If you can, and have soft water, that works great too

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

BS is only good for removing oil from hair...but after BS my head is still itchy and theres alot of dandruff, bs dont remove em...

Baba Fats said:

Oh, I know that Europe has high taxes for shipping from the US. That's part of the reason to buy multiple bars at a time. But if you don't have the cash to drop on 6 bars, the BS wash is probably your best bet. I don't know if you can get Dr. Bronners there. If you can, and have soft water, that works great too

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

anyone know why theres 'corn syrup' in shampoo??

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

What are your ratios of BS to water? That'll make a bi difference in how well it works. And are you doing the ACV rinse after you wash out the BS? BS is base, it'll fry your hair and scalp if used alone. ACV is an acid that will reset your natural pH balance. You shouldn't get dandruffy or flaky if you use ACV afterwards?

jokubas bauza
@jokubas-bauza
11 years ago
26 posts

I done half cup of bs for 5 cups of water. After rinse, my scalp was not clean at all, i rubbed my fingers throw my scal and it was very slippery and some kind of white thing, i think that white thing was wet dandruff's. And after white vineger wash scalp was still slippery with that white stuff (there was very little of that white stuff). And ofcourse its still itchy. I didnt had apple cider vinager but i dont think that there is so huge difference between acv and white vineger..

Baba Fats said:

What are your ratios of BS to water? That'll make a bi difference in how well it works. And are you doing the ACV rinse after you wash out the BS? BS is base, it'll fry your hair and scalp if used alone. ACV is an acid that will reset your natural pH balance. You shouldn't get dandruffy or flaky if you use ACV afterwards?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form