Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Should i go "no touch" with BS/ACV or should i scrub the scalp?

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
11 years ago
106 posts

my hair is about 5 inches long. i have pretty bad dandruff issues but i notice that my scalp feels so good when i scrub the shit out of it during my washes. I dont have any baby dreads yet but i have obvious sections. I recently started to Stop scrubbing my scalp while i BS/ACV my hair. Im confused because i hear some people say that you gotta do the "no touch wash" in order to obtain baby dreads. I want to know if anyone has obtained baby dreads/dreads by scrubbing there scalp every time they wash. i want to know if scrubbing your scalp will slow down the dreading process as apposed to not scrubbing

updated by @teddyjo: 01/13/15 09:49:35PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

If you do the right ratio of BS, you do not need to scrub, nor should you. The BS will exfoliate your scalp all on its own. Ratio guideline, just incase you do not know: 1/2 cup BS to 5 cups water, ratio of ACV is 1-2 capfuls (teaspoons) to 5 cups water. You do not want to mess up the sections, so don't scrub. Try this out and see how it goes for you. \

Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u can dread while scrubbing the scalp if your careful to scrub just he scalo[]p not hair no touch is best cause no disturbing sections/knots

if u scrub the shit out of it as y u put it your scrubbing away all progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
11 years ago
92 posts
I scrub mine. No issues here from it. I tnr'd mine, they didn't undo themselves, and are dreading up. Of course, mine are only six months old so maybe there hasn't been enough time for issues to pop up.Best wishes!
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i say once you have some established dreadlets and sections, scrub! its been helping get the ends knotted up... i think it depends on your progress. and like barrellady said, bs does its own scrubbing

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
11 years ago
106 posts

alrigh thanks everyone. i think im gonna go no touch until i have noticeable baby dreads. I just dont think my hair is long enough yet

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
11 years ago
106 posts

what is a good ratio of Essential Oils (in total) for 5 cups of water?

the Barrellady said:

If you do the right ratio of BS, you do not need to scrub, nor should you. The BS will exfoliate your scalp all on its own. Ratio guideline, just incase you do not know: 1/2 cup BS to 5 cups water, ratio of ACV is 1-2 capfuls (teaspoons) to 5 cups water. You do not want to mess up the sections, so don't scrub. Try this out and see how it goes for you. \

Peace

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Some people use 5 drops, others 25. It's all personal preference, experiment with it till you find the right about for you. I use 7 teatree and 5 peppermint. It's powerful stuff
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form