Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everybody!

Rodrigo
@rodrigo
14 years ago
3 posts
Hello there, I'm Rodrigo and I'm new to this whole dreading process as I just started yesterday. First of all, let me just say I'm glad I found this site because otherwise I would have been another victim of those sites that promote the wrong ideas about dreads and try to make a buck selling a bunch of useless and often damaging products in the process.Now, the way I started is a sort of combination of different methods all used sparingly and only when I saw it was necessary. I used backcombing with a little bit of twist & rip and some palm rolling just to get them started, and from now on is all gonna be natural; no wax, palm rolling (maybe some for the first week), etc. I will be using Dr. Bronner's liquid soap for a while, and then I'll start using the mixture of backing soda recommended by none-other-than soaringeagle.But I do have a question: my natural hair is very straight and fine, and when I finished backcombing, the ends of my soon-to-be dreads are very thin and I cant backcomb them anymore.I have attached some pictures to show how they look (the first and second pics).So I'm wondering if there is something I can do about them OR just leave them alone. I'm not sure if the pictures show well enough but they are long and thin ends.Also the top of my head has some fuzziness and lots of loose hairs (see last picture), can I do something to make it look a bit more presentable (no wax of course), or again just leave them be.Any other advice I would really appreciate. Check some of my other pictures in my profile to see how it looks and tell me how is going.Thanks!
updated by @rodrigo: 01/13/15 08:30:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok 1leave it2 leave it3 leave itand finaly, wit your length it would dread so fast naturaly..so again leave itlook good thhough

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
Welcome!don't worry about anything, it'll all take care of itself.
ourdub
@ourdub
14 years ago
47 posts
welcome! looks like a great start!
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
welcome to the site bro! and hey i too have very fine hair and was very worried about it at first. buuut im about 4 months in now and they just get better by the week. and the more you leave em be as mr. eagle said, the better and faster they will progress. jus wash em, love em, and have patience, and try not to look at mirrors! :) oh and if your really worried about the tips... jus tie a couple knots in the ends of em and leave em be. i done that to a few of mine and theyre doin fine.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
welcome to the site! they look good so far :)dont worry bout a thing theyll be fine.
Boobie
@boobie
14 years ago
37 posts
dude i kinda have the opposite of your hair... mine is thick and a little wavy.but i think your dreads look great man. just let dreads be dreads. the tips will start to pull together in a few weeks/months. i tried to blunt mine, but they just fell right back out and look all whispy. so im just leaving mine like that too. as for the frizz on the top of your head, it will get better on its own and tangle up with the rest of the dread. but you will always have frizz. it wont be nearly as much but it will be there. just have patients and let nature's mysterious ways suprise you.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Hey there, every one of my tips looked like that for months, eventually they recede/break off to where your hair is thicker,but they will look awesome! :PI only blunted one that was like that except the thin part was even longer about 2 inches shorter then the locks next to it, it held well and stopped the hair from breaking off there anymore, however since your hair is proportionate there is no reason to do it, your locks are gonna form nicely,
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
14 years ago
85 posts
I found that the fuzziness becomes less apparent as the weeks go by. You get used to it. I started rubbing my head inside of a wool tam, and it seems to tangle loose hairs pretty well.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form