dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

no loops

cecobask
@cecobask
11 years ago
7 posts

Hello everyone!
I'm 2 months into my journey. I T'n'R my hair 2 months ago. The sections have gone almost completely undone. I'm wondering is it normal to not have loops in my dreads? (I would like to have much of them) I really don't see much progress from the beginning.

updated by @cecobask: 01/13/15 09:49:17PM
Heaven  Caten
@heaven-caten
11 years ago
13 posts

my hair seemed like it wasnt going to dread at all for like four months. but I had a fair share of loops. however, I did a friends dreads with t and r, and she only has a few loops at like 8 months old. She even said her oldest ones never got them all, whereas, I have more loops than not. I guess it just depends on the hair. idk.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

2 months is a very short time for locks. Mature locks, on average, take about a full year to form. So 2 months out of 12 is still the early baby phase. Some people are lucky and have loops and knots start to form really early. Others, like Ixchel and me didn't see any progress for almost a year. Hopefully you aren't in the latter group. But if you are, don't worry, you'll have plenty of loops in time

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Cecobask, no worries on your journey, ones hair & process can be so different from someone elses. I am past a year now, and my dreads are not mature, you can check out my 11mth picture process on my page. Usually free form (neglect) dreading is a faster journey. Doing T&R, you are making the blueprint to your dreads, where you want them to be, but those sections need to loosen in order to dread, whereas free form is already loose hairs, so with T&R you take a step back when they loosen. So you see, yours have come almost completely undone, now they are starting their journey. (I also T&R'd)

Peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form