Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oh. My. God. It REALLY works!!

Kurt K
@kurt-k
11 years ago
13 posts

I did my first ACV and baking soda rinse tonight after a year and a half of dreads. I had never done one before, however I've lurked this site since I first got my dread babies. I suppose I knew it would work, however laziness/apathy kept me from heeding the wise advice of Soaring Eagle. Tonight, i have had an epiphany and will never turn back. This is, without a doubt, the cleanest and best my dreads have ever been. Cleaner than the day they begun. I know some, like I was before, may be skeptical of something like this, however, you cannot argue with the visual proof you will see after doing just one soak. Without further ado, I present to you, the water from my second soak in a row. (forgot to snap a pic of the first one, it was REALLY bad) Thanks for your advice, Soaring Eagle, and a big thanks to the dreadlockssite community! I don't know why I ever doubted you!

Sincerely,

KurtK

updated by @kurt-k: 02/14/15 09:49:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wow

u never used wax and sr=till was that much?

try the dreadlockshamooo soaps next u will be equsali]y impressded

byt that sure tells astory huh

if 1sat was worse keep using it a few times b4 u try dreadlockshamoo u had alot to get out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kurt K
@kurt-k
11 years ago
13 posts

I used wax I think twice within the week my dreads were backcombed in, but never after I found this site and learned about how horrible that stuff is. I already ordered a bar of Nag Champa shampoo a few days ago from dreadlockshampoo, because I'm back to my obsession with my dreads and want to take awesome care of them. I'm still amazed. this should be proof to anyone that this really works. My locks are much more flexible and even feel noticeably lighter. This is great!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wax explains the color and the ammount of filth

get wax b gone with nexty order

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kurt K
@kurt-k
11 years ago
13 posts

it seems my dreads arent as mature now that ive done the soak though. The bottom 1/4 of each dread is now just silky smooth hair after this soak....looks like ive got a lot more waiting to do. Im hoping that doing this will help me see some progress though. Any thoughts?

ginger.rose
@gingerrose
11 years ago
45 posts
I think that's normal. Probably removing the unknown gunk and wax will cause some reconfiguration in there
Kurt K
@kurt-k
11 years ago
13 posts

How often would you guys say is safe to do this? I would like to shoot for a monthly deep cleanse like this, but I want to know how often is too often.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

^ what she said! its great and does help with the dreading process. makes hair feel like it should and it makes it clean and knot up well. i used regular shampoo twice and some dr. bronners adn the water was that bad after i did a baking soda rinse.lol the only reason i used something besides baking soda was because i ran out.makes your head feel so much better doesnt it? lol

Kurt K
@kurt-k
11 years ago
13 posts

It just feels so different, and today i got my nag champa dreadlock shampoo in the mail! Im so excited to use it tonight!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Your dreads never were "mature" because wax would not allow them to go through the proper journey, it just holds them together. Removing wax lets the hair be free again so that they can dread, that is why you have loose hair at the bottom now, and that's good, it means the wax is coming out. Just imagine how free your hair will be after you use Wax B Gone. In my opinion, waxed 'dreads' are just formed hair and wax, not dreads at all.

Your head must feel so much cleaner, that water is nasty.

Very happy for you, Peace

Kurt K said:

it seems my dreads arent as mature now that ive done the soak though. The bottom 1/4 of each dread is now just silky smooth hair after this soak....looks like ive got a lot more waiting to do. Im hoping that doing this will help me see some progress though. Any thoughts?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form